Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dantheman
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Replace Transmission

Postby Dantheman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:28 pm

bunnishiwa wrote:Hi,

If they only used 4ltr of fluid then that is the issue. SST oil changes use 6 - 6.5ltrs of fluid. I have changed mine myself 6 times now and that is definitely what they take. If they only used 4ltr then that would explain the failure - for all the bad press the sst is a strong gearbox. Mine has 255,000km on it and still going strong.

I assume for the price that it was MIT's that did the change? I would be asking serious questions about why my gearbox failed 4000km after they touched it.

Was this the first sst oil change? Are you the original owner?

Thanks heaps for the information. I'll give you guys a call to organise to bring it Sydney.

rusko110
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Replace Transmission

Postby rusko110 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Dantheman wrote:
bunnishiwa wrote:Hi,

If they only used 4ltr of fluid then that is the issue. SST oil changes use 6 - 6.5ltrs of fluid. I have changed mine myself 6 times now and that is definitely what they take. If they only used 4ltr then that would explain the failure - for all the bad press the sst is a strong gearbox. Mine has 255,000km on it and still going strong.

I assume for the price that it was MIT's that did the change? I would be asking serious questions about why my gearbox failed 4000km after they touched it.

Was this the first sst oil change? Are you the original owner?

Thanks heaps for the information. I'll give you guys a call to organise to bring it Sydney.

If you're bringing it to Sydney go to RP Customs or Boostin Juice. Avoid MRT.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”