Is my Lancer good enough??

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Paulliquorish
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Is my Lancer good enough??

Postby Paulliquorish » Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Is my Lancer good enough to spend money on?
This question is what runs through my head all the time.

I am new here and am loving reading alot of articles.

I have a grey CJ VR Lancer with a sunroof and am wondering if I should start spending money to make it easy on the eyes.
I get stuck looking at the VRX (2.4L) or the Ralliart (AWD) or even the beautiful Evo (God like).
I do love my car but is the grass greener in other cars.

What does everyone think, am I wasting my time and money?
Last edited by Paulliquorish on Wed May 23, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Is my Lancer good enough??

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 pm

IMHO you need to buy the car that suits your needs and spend as much as you can afford. Others on here want to turbo charge their FWD Lancer, think it will be a quick or cheap option to get more power. But the reality is unless you have friends in the know and can get the parts dirt cheap its better value to just save up and get a RA or EVO. Same got for adding things to a ES or VR to make it look or feel like a VRX. Anything after wheels and tyres could be a costly waste of time and money.

That said its your money, add things that will give you enjoyment is my best advice.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Bolt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bolt » Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 am

As said above, it’s all up to you and what you want.
Plenty of people make normal lancers look great.
I was in a similar place with my 2017 lancer but I went with getting a Ralliart which is not the evo but it’s a perfectly acceptable daily drive and still practical for me while giving the bit extra I was wanting :D

In the end, what do you need and can afford, are you happy with cosmetic changes or do you want a bit more power?

Also welcome!
This place is full of great information. Has helped me so much already.
2015 Lancer Ralliart :D

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Wed May 23, 2018 9:55 am

Paulliquorish wrote:Is my Lancer good enough to spend money on?
This question is what runs through my head all the time.

I am new here and am loving reading alot of articles.

I have a grey CJ VR Lancer with a sunroof and am wondering if I should start spending money to make it easy on the eyes.
I get stuck looking at the VRX (2.4L) or the Ralliart (AWD) or even the beautiful Evo (Good like).
I do love my car but is the grass greener in other cars.

What does everyone think, am I wasting my time and money?

Whilst one letter off being the VR-X there are a lot of differences, I believe Mooman has put a spec or trim list up somewhere and i also found a few links out there, the few I can think of are the brakes, the VR-X and RA have similar brake setups, the RA goes up to two pot fronts though, and the suspension is "sportier" in the -X variant, mine is an MY08 with the 2.0L donk, which is missing off a few of those spec sheets, so who is to say that in later models things got shared between models? also the cosmetics are slightly different, the VR has the lower spoiler from memory, and may be missing the front pods on the bumper, I have seen some ES models dressed up as EVOs in Lynbrook, and Cranbourne, and they look okay till you get up close that you realise it isn't an EVO, but done properly there is nothing wrong with making the car yours, and that's what matters, making your car stand out as yours and being able to pick it in a crowd.

Had an incident in Keysborough, had parked the car and gone to the shops, walked out, walked up to the car, pressed the button, nothing, tried the handle, nothing, looked at the car and thought "that spider made a web on the wing mirror real quick, how long where we in there" the whole family didn't realise this wasn't our car! we were the next lane over, but here was this red VR-X identical to ours and we're looking like dicks trying to get into it :lol:
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 am

My car is a my15 ES Sport purchased new with 5 free services and rear censors for $20,034 Would have preferred the 2.4ltr engine but
Happy with the 2.0ltr. Comes complete with rear spoiler and side skirts giving the already sporty design that extra bling.

I'm in my later years and this car is my toy. Being the bottom of the range there is room for personalizing in every direction.
and I have already accomplished some of what I want to do for instance rear diffuser sound proofing, ongoing but can already speak to
passengers in front and back seats in whispers at freeway speeds. Threw the original Yokohama tyres out at 3,000ks couldn't stand the
noise. Fitted 215 60 16 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tyres, original 205 60 16 Yokohama. For more comfort and silencing.
Have only traveled 7,oooks in almost 3 years and enjoying every k.

Oh! also fitted a RA snorkel magical improvement, have to take it real easy on the loud pedal when the wife is in the car or !!//!/;;. :D

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”