Mod suggestions 2012 Lancer Activ

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

josh.canestraro
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Mod suggestions 2012 Lancer Activ

Postby josh.canestraro » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:35 am

Hi guys. This is my first car and idk how or what mods to put on the car. It's a 2012 lancer activ.
Thanks
[url=http://i.imgur.com/Ykn3oOl.jpg][img]

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Mod suggestions 2012 Lancer Activ

Postby Mooman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 am

First up what are your goals for your car, are you looking for performance or cosmetic and how much/how far are you willing to go?

Everyone has a different opinion about what should/could be done with a car and not all of it is going to be worthwhile.

For simple (but costly) things you could put 18 inch wheels over the 16 inch standard. Leather or alloy brake handle and/or gear shift knob. Alloy pedals.

More involved (but not for everyone) things can be suspension lowering, exhaust system, SRI or Cold air intakes, strut tower bars, sway bars etc. All readily available options from the aftermarket and of varying cost vs performance benefit (depends who you ask).

Then there are the convenience upgrades based on adding features from higher spec models, such as climate control air con, centre console accessory port, steering wheel based paddle shifters (if car is CVT), MMCS audio and navigation, Rockford Fosgate stereo etc.

It really all comes down to your goals in terms of money spent and end target. There are lots of options new from the aftermarket or even second hand from wreckers or other people when it comes to modding CJ Lancers, but just bear in mind that your car will never be an EVO or Ralliart (Top spec turbo models) and you can have a happy journey when modding and learning about your car.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:35 am

Have a look and You will find this exact question has recently been answered in these threads.

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 am

josh.canestraro wrote:Image

Fixed the image link for ya =)

there are plenty of ES Lancers here in Melbournes south east done up like Evos, it definitely, as Mooman said, comes down to budget, and what you're going for, performance wise a simple upgrade of the intake snorkel can allow the car to breathe better, and a tune by Merlin or Beeble or other local dyno tuner will probably get you some better fuel economy, and then you move onto the serious stuff for handling. or you can keep it as a cruiser and do the usual body mods, wheels and tyres, and upgrade the sound system and interior for the show n shine look.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:22 pm

You’ll find there are too many mods to name on these cars due to the massive aftermarket support, like said above you can make these things look like dang evos! In my opinion I would start with a TOG or cosworth panel filter, a RALLIART air duct, and a catbackexhahst then tune! When it comes to appearance just give the forum a deep search and you’ll find heaps of cosmetic modifications you can do, head/tail lights. Rear diffusers or even custom bumpers, to even more aggressive front bumpers and spoilers! Heaps of stuff to go on just gotta give it a bit of a search ! Also welcome to the club
We are all in it for the fun!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Comes down to your budget and what you want your CJ to say about you.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:24 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:Comes down to your budget and what you want your CJ to say about you.

^
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

josh.canestraro
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby josh.canestraro » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:39 am

Thanks guys much appreciated

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”