Turbo upgrade

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: Turbo upgrade

Postby rasit.aslim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:Man for the whole set up would be easier to just go the RA route

True, it would cost more in the long run to maintain too. Plus there's no need unless you're low on funds to get RA or Evo. You can get real close to evo sound and rumble with a quality dual exhaust/headers and intake :lol:

Am looking at getting RA rear bumper sometime in the future once the current one gets scratched up or damaged. Trying not to do much performance wise till warranty is over in a couple years, which then I'll most likely change the car to an Toyota 86 or WRX.

BTW, how'd you go with the DRL light output? When I see my DRLs dim with headlights switched on, it annoys the hell outta me. The shade of white doesn't match the headlight LED and it just looks weird *facepalm* but then again apparently it's normal for them to dim for ADR reasons
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:46 am

That’s for sure, I was thinking about going upto to an evo in the future but for a daily I don’t think it’s worth it in reliability and with its age, the wrx is honestlyy ultimate goal, that fa20 looks gorgeous! At the moment I’ve just let it go tbh, my cousin had a look at a few write ups on the car, and apparently it’s suppose to dim, which I haven’t noticed if it does it that much compared to when I didn’t have the aftermarket head units, apparently it flickers when you turn the lights on in which he said that’s normal and it is supposed to dim, to this point I’ve given up bahaha
We are all in it for the fun!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

How about the new kid on the block. Eclipse Cross!

Turbo from that should be a pretty easy fit .CVT should handle it provided you don't
push for too much power and torque! Realise that the EC is only 1.5ltrs pushing much
the same power as the lancer 2ltr but still screws up to a CVT.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:04 am

Ahhh another suv with a small block using forced induction to cater for ample power and fuel economy! I honestly wouldn’t be suprised if the block or tranny would go bust if it 160kw to the wheels it’s self
We are all in it for the fun!

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”