2017 Black Edition CF Lancer

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: 2017 Black Edition CF Lancer

Postby bumblebee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 am

Window tinting makes a HUGE difference in keeping the interior of your vehicle cool.
Feel free to do a trip to North Qld eg Cairns region in mid summer with no window tint and leave car parked in the sun all day and around lunchtime go open the door and get knocked out from the heat inside the vehicle.
Then go get the windows tinted with "midnight express" and do the same experiment.
You will notice there is a huge and most pleasant difference. Window tinting is absolutely worth the money and so long as you get a decent tint from a reputable installer you will have nothing to worry about

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Mystique wrote:I have a dash mat?

I got one at Repco the next day, no issues.

As for tint, yes it will keep the car cooler when driving, assuming you have the AC on but the radiated heat from the sun will not be stopped by tint when parked and the windows are up fully. My point is most heat in a parked car enters through the roof, not the windows. The roof gets hot and heats up the inside of the car.

Here is a good YouTube video on the topic from an expert. Go to about 9:30 for the heat stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMB2v-bsaRI
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Sorry Craig I disagree. It will still get hot but not as got with the sun coming through the glass onto the interior

2017LancerCF
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 2017LancerCF » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Got my quote for the audio install! Happy days :) got everything I wanted under my budget! Was expected way higher number but now I can get the 3 way splits too. Woohoo. Not happening for a few months yet got rates due soon so that’s first then I’m good to go another month or 2 after that. Nothing fancy in the boot just a single 10” sub. Can’t wait

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Tons of extra heat comes in thru a sunroof in a car. Yup i agree on that.
Having lived in North Qld and northwest qld for 43 years i know full well what it is like in summer and having owned cars of my own since i was 18 and got every single one of them tinted over the years i know full well the advantages of owning a car with tinted windows and i know full well that a car without tinted windows is a heck of a lot hotter then a car without tinting anyday of the week and it is absolutely worth every penny to get the windows tinted in your car no matter what it is.
Please head north and check out some car yards with cars with zero tint if your car is tinted.
Better yet. Head to western Australian to places like "marble bar". Or even Alice Springs perhaps and then once you have experienced it for yourself then you will see how incorrect your information truly is

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:21 pm

aspir3 wrote:Sorry Craig I disagree. It will still get hot but not as got with the sun coming through the glass onto the interior

Its not what I'm saying, its what the experts and science is saying, are arguing with science?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 am

Lancer1993 wrote:
aspir3 wrote:Sorry Craig I disagree. It will still get hot but not as got with the sun coming through the glass onto the interior

Its not what I'm saying, its what the experts and science is saying, are arguing with science?

Yup
Happy to argue with the so called "experts" with over 20 years of living in places that get bloody hot in summer and having got my cars tinted and know first hand how much difference it makes to the inside temp of any car.
You said you were going to head north for a trip.
I strongly suggest you head to townsville to "tint a car" they are in ingham road they will happily show you the "experts " are wrong
I just looked up their web site

https://www.tintacar.com.au

And they have a brisbane store too. Saves you the 1300 kay drive to townsville to be shown by them that their products do work and its not fake and it does reduce inside car temps dramatically.
Give them a call or better yet drop into their premises for a demo.
Once your armed with the facts i have no doubt you will pony up with some $$ and get your lancer done. I can't remember the exact price for my lance but it was under $300
Get "midnight express " on your car and you wont regret it

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 am

I live in Melbourne and appreciate the difference after tinting my windows and rear window.
Irrespective of what who says otherwise. I know it reduces heat.

Put your arm on the window sill of your cars tinted window, leave it there for a while,
then wind down your window and feel the difference! On still day.

Anyway not the reason I had mine done. Did mine, to protect interior from fade and deterioration!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:19 pm

The reason your arm gets hot on the sill is the UV light is blocked, tint does this very well and no its not related to the darkness. Most good tint will block up to 99% of UV light regardless of how dark it is.

And yes I got my front windows tinted, one of the first things I did. More for looks than anything to match the rear privacy glass, not sure of its UV rating. UV is what not only hurts us but also the cars interior.

Also We'll be heading more west now after a change of plans and it will be in the cooler months so heat won't be a big issue, even across the Nullarbor. Actually with a south wind blowing off the pole it can get quite cold.

dorzy17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby dorzy17 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:38 am

Lancer1993 wrote:The reason your arm gets hot on the sill is the UV light is blocked, tint does this very well and no its not related to the darkness. Most good tint will block up to 99% of UV light regardless of how dark it is.

And yes I got my front windows tinted, one of the first things I did. More for looks than anything to match the rear privacy glass, not sure of its UV rating. UV is what not only hurts us but also the cars interior.

Also We'll be heading more west now after a change of plans and it will be in the cooler months so heat won't be a big issue, even across the Nullarbor. Actually with a south wind blowing off the pole it can get quite cold.

the rear privacy glass are not UV rating. Tinted windows do make a different with the UV rating. My car cools down quick after 5 mins.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:52 am

dorzy17 wrote:
Lancer1993 wrote:The reason your arm gets hot on the sill is the UV light is blocked, tint does this very well and no its not related to the darkness. Most good tint will block up to 99% of UV light regardless of how dark it is.

the rear privacy glass are not UV rating. Tinted windows do make a different with the UV rating. My car cools down quick after 5 mins.

This is exactly why i said earlier to go and talk to professionals at tint a car rather then believe the nonsense posted up on the interwebs at various places like YouTube etc and are so called experts who havent got a clue

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 am

Did the trip to Perth and back to Melbourne, 19 years ago in December. In a Ford Telstar without air conditioning.
Admittedly there was cloud cover both ways, no worried, enjoyed enjoyed it both ways!

They warn you about various animals that could be a danger, including camels wombats etc.
The only thing that nearly caused me grief was an eagle. Its head looked about a foot wide as it came over my bonnet
with wings wrapt downwards either side of the car at what was now 80kph. Fortunately it had just completed
the downward action of its wings and that with the slipstream of the car lifted it up and over the car.

PS Don't try and leave before dawn. I did once, A kangaroo crossed the road in front of me, OK, then another and another followed
by around another 50 to a hundred of them.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 am

I have been riding motorcycles for over 30 years now with no air conditioning and it hasnt bothered me in the slightest. Lol

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Our lancers windows are indeed uv protective. This was confirmed to me by Mitsubishi Australia

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:18 pm

bumblebee wrote:This is exactly why i said earlier to go and talk to professionals at tint a car rather then believe the nonsense posted up on the interwebs at various places like YouTube etc and are so called experts who havent got a clue

The clip I posted earlier is from an automotive journalist, he has been in the business for years, appearing on various TV shows and he does research in all things automotive before he makes his videos.

Yes cars with tint will cool down faster once the AC is on or the windows are down to get rid of the hot air but its a simple fact that tint can only do so much before the radiated heat makes the car hot, and tinting windows simply delays this process.

If others are anything like me the first thing I do when I get into my hot car is open the windows and turn up the CC. Of course your modern car will cool down in minutes even if its 60-70° inside when you hope in.

Also the black roof of the limited edition CF is not gonna make it hotter inside.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”