Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: 2017 Black Edition CF Lancer

Postby bumblebee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:This is exactly why i said earlier to go and talk to professionals at tint a car rather then believe the nonsense posted up on the interwebs at various places like YouTube etc and are so called experts who havent got a clue

The clip I posted earlier is from an automotive journalist, he has been in the business for years, appearing on various TV shows and he does research in all things automotive before he makes his videos.

Yes cars with tint will cool down faster once the AC is on or the windows are down to get rid of the hot air but its a simple fact that tint can only do so much before the radiated heat makes the car hot, and tinting windows simply delays this process.

If others are anything like me the first thing I do when I get into my hot car is open the windows and turn up the CC. Of course your modern car will cool down in minutes even if its 60-70° inside when you hope in.

Also the black roof of the limited edition CF is not gonna make it hotter inside.

Out of interest
Where does this Journo live?
Anywhere it actually gets hot?
Or somewhere pleasent like brisbane or Sydney or Melbourne?

dorzy17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby dorzy17 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:34 pm

bumblebee wrote:
dorzy17 wrote:
Lancer1993 wrote:The reason your arm gets hot on the sill is the UV light is blocked, tint does this very well and no its not related to the darkness. Most good tint will block up to 99% of UV light regardless of how dark it is.

And yes I got my front windows tinted, one of the first things I did. More for looks than anything to match the rear privacy glass, not sure of its UV rating. UV is what not only hurts us but also the cars interior.

Also We'll be heading more west now after a change of plans and it will be in the cooler months so heat won't be a big issue, even across the Nullarbor. Actually with a south wind blowing off the pole it can get quite cold.

the rear privacy glass are not UV rating. Tinted windows do make a different with the UV rating. My car cools down quick after 5 mins.

This is exactly why i said earlier to go and talk to professionals at tint a car rather then believe the nonsense posted up on the interwebs at various places like YouTube etc and are so called experts who havent got a clue

this is what i was told by the guy who tinted my windows who does work on prestige cars aswell, so i took hes word on it

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:24 am

I would much rather go talk to to guys in the industry any day then believe half the rot on the interwebs by people who havent got a clue to begin with.been down this road numerous times and discover the so called facts on YouTube etc are not even close to reality.
Tint a car had a demo set up with thermometers attached to it so you could see the difference with their tints.they could put it in the sun and prove it. I have seen a few other tint places with a similar demo setup also.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 am

Lol then why bother with these forums?

2017LancerCF
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 2017LancerCF » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am

Didn’t realise the can of worms my tinting would open up :o

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:21 pm

bumblebee wrote:Out of interest

Have you not seen the weather lately, Sydney/Melbourne topping 40 plus in the last week... not that it matters. He is an Australian Journalist, he's not gonna do a report like that without knowing the facts and it doesn't matter if he lives in the south pole.

This topic is becoming stupid because some can't believe science facts when its presented to them.

Are we becoming Republican's in this country?

John Cadogan is a noted journalist with decades of experience in the industry and not some internet crackpot.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-cadogan-a207598b
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:43 am

burfadel wrote:I got one ages ago. Had to buy some velcro sticky things to keep it in place as it came loose with heat.

They're on special at the moment, down from $52.49 to $35.99.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Produc ... 477/223800

Is that the same as the one on the photo 2017LancerCF posted?
Doesn't look like it'll fit CF :o
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:01 am

Lancer1993 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Out of interest

Have you not seen the weather lately, Sydney/Melbourne topping 40 plus in the last week... not that it matters. He is an Australian Journalist, he's not gonna do a report like that without knowing the facts and it doesn't matter if he lives in the south pole.

This topic is becoming stupid because some can't believe science facts when its presented to them.

Are we becoming Republican's in this country?

John Cadogan is a noted journalist with decades of experience in the industry and not some internet crackpot.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-cadogan-a207598b

Did you not read i have lived in north qld for 43 years. 40 degress is nothing to me. Im quite used to 48 and above and humidity levels way above what you experience down here in brisbane.

As i said before your "science facts " are nonsense and i know this after having living and experienced climates way hotter then your used to and having experienced tinted windows and nontited windows in temps well above 40 degress.
So obviously your far more interested in watching nonsense on youtube rather then actually go somewhere it is actually freaking hot and experience decent temps and csnt be bothered to talk to professionals like tint a car and be educated in the topic . Sadly too many poeple want to watch youtube and believe all the nonsense presented to them and fall for it as the truth as it must be real cos its on YouTube.

I lived in Mt Isa for 26 years and was in Cloncurry someyears ago when it was 51 degress.
I worked underground at Mt Isa mines where in some places was well over 45 degress.
So when it comes to being in hot places im very familiar with it. And it makes me laugh here in brisbane hearing everyone try and complain how how it is. Im loving it down here and lapping it up.
It has nothing to do with being a republic as you stated.its about the facts. Get those from tint a car or similar established companies. Not youtube. Heaven forbid someone who might have experienced a thing or two might chime in on a topic

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 am

Definition of an expert :- An ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure = A has been drip under pressure.Hahaha

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 am

sarusa wrote:Definition of an expert :- An ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure = A has been drip under pressure.Hahaha

Agreed
Lots of those on youtube

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 pm

My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Let’s all just agree that you can’t go wrong with a nice tint! I do in my opinion see the difference of heat reduction of direct UV to metals and such through the windows compared to other cars I’ve been in
We are all in it for the fun!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:Let’s all just agree that you can’t go wrong with a nice tint! I do in my opinion see the difference of heat reduction of direct UV to metals and such through the windows compared to other cars I’ve been in

Spot on. And in places where it gets dam hot the seat belt buckle no longer becomes a branding iron and you are no longer knocked out by the heat wave that comes rushing out of the car when you first open the door.this can be proven scientifically with the use of a thermometer if so desired

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 am

And this is why new members don’t stick around. People consistently come and hijack their posts and make it their own....

This was a post about a guy buying a 2017 Lancer Black Edition, and you guys turn it into a world war 3 on who’s right and wrong..., If youre going to go off topic, start a new thread.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Shaun Patterson
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Shaun Patterson » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:44 am

Mooman wrote:There are a few differences under the hood. Has hydraulic power steering which is interesting, I wonder if it's a Black edition thing or if Mitsubishi have ditched the electronic PS in the CF?.

Has the clamshell style exhaust manifold so a possible point for upgrade. Has the newer style airbox with the thinner filter, wonder if it has better flow? The reinforcing plates on top of the strut towers are interesting and new, wonder if it means Mitsubishi knows there is a problem with cracking/damage in older cars?

The instrument cluster is different, is it colour or monochrome amber? Dash mats are great and underrated as they work great to cut reflection of dash on windscreen, only the air vents will still reflect.

Thanks for posting up the pics good to see how the cars change over time. The engine bay will get fairly hot as the exhaust is at the back and has no cooling airflow, if no warning lights and radiator fluid level good nothing to worry about.

If it's possible I have a request, could you take a photo of the front brake caliper? As the CF Black comes with 18 inch wheels standard I'm curious if it also has the larger brake package. If so it really is a step up from the standard ES Sport at the same cost. Thanks.

2.4L alwaysretained the hydraulic PS, only the 2L went to electric

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”