New Member in Melbourne

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dave Lazaro
INACTIVE Member Account

New Member in Melbourne

Postby Dave Lazaro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi all, great site :P
Just picked up a new Aspire in Black with aftermarket wheels and reverse sensors installed by the dealer. Since it has most of the stuff we wanted as standard I was quite pleased with the buy.
The only things that I was not impressed about was the road noise and the Navigation map being an 07 version. Talked to the dealer about it, no joy.
I have seen a few posts on the sound deadening which I would surely get done. Does anybody else know if a new navigation map is available for the Mitsubishi system and can some of this feedback be given the Mitsubishi Australia to act upon? will they pay any attention?
JUMPER

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Welcome to the site Dave.

I have an ES and have a set of the Advans in 17" that come on the Aspire and don't find the road noise too bad. On top of sound deadening, you could possibly see if you can trade your tires for something quieter or sell them off.

As for the Maps, I don't have Mitsu sat nav so cant answer that one sorry :(

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Welcome to the club David! Hope you enjoy the club!

I have a question for youuu! :P You mind if i ask what part of melbourne your in?

And as for the maps, not 100% sure, but i believe there is a new map but you have to pay for it..

As for the tire noise, it will most likely be the tires themselves, not the lack of sound deading on the car. I know the Aspires come with the extra sound deadening.

When i got my first set of wheels, i had a set of cheap WANLI tires. Cheap chinese things. Tire noise was an absolute pain, so bad, stereo was up full just to hear it. Recently got the new wheels and tires put on teh car, i have a good set of zeetex tires and the road noise is way down. back to virtually when the car was stock.

I have put up a how to on how to sound deaden your wheel wells if you havnt already checked that out. And if you have any more questions mate, dont hesitate to ask, were all a friendly bunch here =)

Hope to catch you at a meet!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am

Welcome Dave to ClubCJ.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

Welcome buddy!

Enjoy the Aspire and ClubCJ

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”