Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

New Lancer, new to the club

Postby MiracleLancer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Greetings all,

I've recently Purchased a 2016, Lancer GSR Sportback. Been looking around and researching a little bit.
Thought I'd join up and say hello and hopefully learn and share my car. As I slowly make mods and personalise it.

Looking for a few tips and thoughts.

I previously owned a Suzuki Swift that I had similar plans for but due to an accident it was written off.
Thus leading me to Purchase the Lancer. :)

Current list of upgrades I've been thinking about. Any Suggestions welcome. :)

Evo X/ Ralliart Hood. (Might Carbon Wrap it.)
Enkei, Kojin Wheels (Or similar style.)
Air intake
Dual Exhaust
Brakes
Headlights

I'd say tail lights as well, but as far as I can tell, there is no after market support for the sport back. :(

Cheers :)

CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: New Lancer, new to the club

Postby Mystique » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Welcome! Gorgeous choice in colour ;)
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you,
I initially wanted black. However I would of had to have waited 3 months. Haha
So I went blue instead. Honestly I much prefer it now. :)
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

MetzRA
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MetzRA » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:49 pm

:welcome:

Good looking lancer :)
Black 2015 Ralliart sedan - 195kw atw.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Good to hear you survived a crash in the Swift, apparently not the safest used car on the market.

I'm sure the Lancer is a big step up for you.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Unfortunately you can't get tail lights for the hatchback! That's probably the only thing that I don't really like about my Ralliart hatch, but they do grow on you after a while (You gotta own one to understand) There was one guy I follow on Instagram that did do a set of tail lights for the hatchback, but unfortunately nothing actually came of it and he only ever kept the set he made for himself which is understandable!

if you plan on doing a dual exhaust setup, I would highly recommend getting the Ralliart diffuser as well ;) It really fattens up the rear of it!

or for full preview: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRzTgfAFQPj/ :P

But the ideas you have for mods at the moment sound really good! Can't see what else you decide to do!

The Evo/RA bonnet will be an expensive purchase, especially if you go genuine and brand new, but if you keep an eye on gumtree, you can sometimes pick up a decent deal! :) Blue and Black is also a good combination as well!

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:Good to hear you survived a crash in the Swift, apparently not the safest used car on the market.

I'm sure the Lancer is a big step up for you.

Compared to the Lexus that hit me and drove away. The swift was trashed.

It's awesome in comparison. Although I find with the extra weight and size of the lancer. It tends to sway a little more on corners. Even with the Stabilizer bars. But still much more fun.

Mystique wrote:Unfortunately you can't get tail lights for the hatchback! That's probably the only thing that I don't really like about my Ralliart hatch, but they do grow on you after a while (You gotta own one to understand) There was one guy I follow on Instagram that did do a set of tail lights for the hatchback, but unfortunately nothing actually came of it and he only ever kept the set he made for himself which is understandable!

if you plan on doing a dual exhaust setup, I would highly recommend getting the Ralliart diffuser as well ;) It really fattens up the rear of it!

or for full preview: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRzTgfAFQPj/ :P

But the ideas you have for mods at the moment sound really good! Can't see what else you decide to do!

The Evo/RA bonnet will be an expensive purchase, especially if you go genuine and brand new, but if you keep an eye on gumtree, you can sometimes pick up a decent deal! :) Blue and Black is also a good combination as well!

I was talking to a mate. He said you can get this spray that will tint the lights. So I might see if I can use that to Dim out the bright red, Make it slightly Darker.

Is the Ralliart Diffuser and easy mod? Or will I need to put in a fair bit of work to get it to fit?

I've noticed that about the bonnet. They seem to go for between $1,800 to about $2,500 from what I've seen.
I'd prefer genuine. As I had a Fiber glass/ Carbon Fiber one on the swift and that got defected. LOL :D
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

You can! A lot of people use the tint stuff in a can! Just be sure not to go too dark for legal reasons (or at least check with your local state regulations on dark tint on tail lights!) There are a few people who have done turned the red outlines into black and it looks really good! I haven't been able to try it yet though!

I honestly couldn't tell you if it's an easy mod! From what I understand depending on where you buy it from, it should just bolt on like the sedan ones! (Sorry for not being much help there!)

Haha! yup! Welcome to buying Ralliart/Evo parts! They're not cheap! However, you will notice a massive weight difference with the Evo/RA bonnet! It is so much lighter and nicer to pull up when you put the bonnet up! #CauseWeightReductionYo :P And Lol! are you serious? You can always vinyl wrap it ;) Haha! Did you do many mods to your swift?!

If you are looking to do any handling upgrades, I would highly recommend upgrading the rear sway bar to a whiteline one! Although your GSR hatch should come stock standard with the front strut bar for memory in the engine bay? If not, you can easily find them on Gumtree and Ebay without spending a buttload of money! I would also highly recommend getting a set of coilovers as well! You would be surprised at how much better the car will handle if done properly! A friend of mine has done all this in his VRX and his VRX just absolutely hugs the road and corners!

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 pm

I wouldn't black it out, Just give it a darker Red look.

No problems thanks for the tip, I'll definitely suss this one out. Sounds pretty cool.

Haha, I guess that's what a savings account is for right? :p

Yep seriously. At the time, I had Headlights replaced with Halos and DRL, and Smoked LED tail lights.
Got defected for having a Carbon fibre Bonnet, with an 'Illegal air intake' Aka Scoop. Which to me sounded like they just wanted to try and get me with as many things that they could. But hey didn't really want to argue the point just in case they wanted to give me a bigger fine lol.

Sounds pretty good, thanks for the ideas.
I noticed a huge difference when I swapped the stock Nexen tyres to Pirellis too. Seemed to grip the road much nicer.
:)
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:29 pm

MiracleLancer wrote:It's awesome in comparison. Although I find with the extra weight and size of the lancer. It tends to sway a little more on corners. Even with the Stabilizer bars. But still much more fun.

Before my CJ I used to have a CC coupe, smaller, lighter it was probably more fun to drive on twisty roads than the CJ sedan which is a better and safer car compared to the old one with no ABS or airbag old Lancer.

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:
Before my CJ I used to have a CC coupe, smaller, lighter it was probably more fun to drive on twisty roads than the CJ sedan which is a better and safer car compared to the old one with no ABS or airbag old Lancer.

The first few times Traction control kicked in. Scared the shit out of me. Thought my lancer had lost steering. Now I'm getting used to it.
but I agree its way safer than my Old car. :)
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 pm

You can turn off the TC but most of the time I don't bother, I agree it can be annoying coming from a car where your right foot is the traction control.

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am

Lancer1993 wrote:You can turn off the TC but most of the time I don't bother, I agree it can be annoying coming from a car where your right foot is the traction control.

Does it make a huge difference turning it off?

I mean now I've been driving it a bit more and gotten a feel for the car, it doesnt kick in as often any more.
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am

RA snorkel $175 new, makes a marked difference. Better sound, smoother operation, needs cut out on front panel to help breathing.
Lots of forums on this but here's a photo of how I did mine. Strut bar is a Whiteline.

nikki.crossley
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby nikki.crossley » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Hey everyone! Newbie here too.. not too sure where I should be posting but this is the first thread that came up :P

Bought a 2011 SX Lancer, black and currently in love with it! previous car I had was a 1998 Honda Accord (loved it for my first car) but unfortunately died when the gear box went.. had it's time at over 300k kilometers lol but still, loving my Lancer more than ever.

Anyway, just on here looking for tips and tricks for mods & what not. Really interested in anything that anyone has to say!

IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_2620.JPG (398.69 KiB) Viewed 11524 times

tempImageForSave.jpg
tempImageForSave.jpg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 11524 times

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”