Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: New Lancer, new to the club

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:11 pm

MiracleLancer wrote:
Lancer1993 wrote:You can turn off the TC but most of the time I don't bother, I agree it can be annoying coming from a car where your right foot is the traction control.

Does it make a huge difference turning it off?

I mean now I've been driving it a bit more and gotten a feel for the car, it doesnt kick in as often any more.

I'm sure unlike some cars when its off its really off but remember this turns of the ASC so you could loose control if you swerve to miss something, its why it defaults to on when you next start the car.

Maybe you need to be a little lighter with the right foot?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:22 am

Lancer1993 wrote:
MiracleLancer wrote:
Lancer1993 wrote:You can turn off the TC but most of the time I don't bother, I agree it can be annoying coming from a car where your right foot is the traction control.

Does it make a huge difference turning it off?

I mean now I've been driving it a bit more and gotten a feel for the car, it doesnt kick in as often any more.

I'm sure unlike some cars when its off its really off but remember this turns of the ASC so you could loose control if you swerve to miss something, its why it defaults to on when you next start the car.

Maybe you need to be a little lighter with the right foot?

I get ya, to be fair I mostly drive in the city anyway.

I think I made it sound like I'm a bit of a lead foot. haha

sarusa wrote:RA snorkel $175 new, makes a marked difference. Better sound, smoother operation, needs cut out on front panel to help breathing.
Lots of forums on this but here's a photo of how I did mine. Strut bar is a Whiteline.

How much of the front needs to be cut?
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am

I've got my RA snorkel on top of the plastic and it works fine, although I can't get the 2nd plastic tab thing in, but its not like its gonna go anyplace, especially with the bonnet closed.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:01 am

Used to have a1939 Chev: Sloper years ago, Didn't have much cash so ran on well worn tyers.
Going to work in the morning, pretty well road to myself, so on wet days used to have a bit of fun
give the steering wheel a bit of a tweak and sing a waltz to the gentle sway from side to side of the car.
Crazy Well I was young and ? at the time! but the car was completely predictable and controllable at 60kph (30mph)
on a straight road that I had to myself. Paddocks either side. :)

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 am

[quote="Lancer1993"]I've got my RA snorkel on top of the plastic and it works fine, although I can't get the 2nd plastic tab thing in, but its not like its gonna go anyplace, especially with the bonnet closed.

All you need is a longer clip! :)

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:I've got my RA snorkel on top of the plastic and it works fine, although I can't get the 2nd plastic tab thing in, but its not like its gonna go anyplace, especially with the bonnet closed.

Mate that yellow looks dope. Did you paint it yourself?

Wouldnt mind colour matching with the outside of my car I think picking out some blue would look just as awesome.
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 pm

MiracleLancer wrote:
Lancer1993 wrote:I've got my RA snorkel on top of the plastic and it works fine, although I can't get the 2nd plastic tab thing in, but its not like its gonna go anyplace, especially with the bonnet closed.

Mate that yellow looks dope. Did you paint it yourself?

Wouldnt mind colour matching with the outside of my car I think picking out some blue would look just as awesome.

There is a thread somewhere on painting them, i did mine in a deep gloss blue, i need to re-do the fuse box but the rest of it looks mint
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Yep painted that myself, prep is the key and use good paint. I used the heat resistant brake caliper paint, not that those parts should get that hot, also painted the panel hiding the spake plug leads and since this photo I used some gloss black and a tiny brush to do the MIVEC. And removed the strut bar to paint it, details on my VRX thread listed below.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”