Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: NSW cf lancer owner and new!

Postby bumblebee » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Question
Why did you paint to roof black?
Doesnt black attract and retain the heat?
I would have left the roof white and enjoyed the less heat from the roof.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 am

bumblebee wrote:Question
Why did you paint to roof black?
Doesnt black attract and retain the heat?
I would have left the roof white and enjoyed the less heat from the roof.

i actually never thought about that! i did it for aesthetic sake, so far i haven’t noticed any increase in heat from the roof, probsbly due to the thickness of layers
We are all in it for the fun!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:04 am

If you remove the roof lining in the lancer you will notice there is pretty much zero sound deadnener or insulation of anykind.
I went nuts with my lancer and removed the roof lining and have dropped in stage one sound deadener from carbuilders.com.au
Now when the roof gets rained on i dont think im inside an empty milo tin.
The doors etc have been done also

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:52 am

damn really? you’ve got some good ears! i don’t even notice the rain when it hits the roof

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 am

Lol
I have taken a few friends out for a drive in my Lancer and thay have all been amazed at how quiet it is now compared to what it was like a few months ago
I like the interior to be very quiet
I want to enjoy my music
Lol

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:10 pm

bumblebee wrote:Lol
I have taken a few friends out for a drive in my Lancer and thay have all been amazed at how quiet it is now compared to what it was like a few months ago
I like the interior to be very quiet
I want to enjoy my music
Lol

hahah so it seems! i don’t mind ambient rain, kinda soothing bahahaha

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:02 am

Car is silver and have considered using silver carbon fiber vinyl wrap on the roof.
Would be a definite option if it would act as a sound deadener to some degree.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:22 pm

i’m not sure about plastidip if it would be quite the same as vinyl but i definitely don’t notice any sound deadening with it, too thin it’s all for appearance purpose

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

I wouldnt be a big rush to put vinyl wrap on the outside of any vehicle
Good luck finding any that is UV resistant plus when you remove it your left with a sticky glue to remove
The glue can be removed with "eucalyptus oil" and wont damage the paint work but you will need some elbow grease to get it off

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:19 pm

idk about vinyl but plastidip is so easy to put on and take off, so far the roof is standing strong in the australian heat but i wanna see how well it lasts all summer

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Looks awesome mate,
I have the same car just in black.

Did you find when you installed your new angel headlights did you pre existing DRL near dogs dim in brightness? And how about the auto sensor for lightning work as it would usually

I've been eyeing those angel lights for a long time myself. Just don't know if I want to spend that much on them just yet where did you buy them from?

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:38 am

Azza_07 wrote:Looks awesome mate,
I have the same car just in black.

Did you find when you installed your new angel headlights did you pre existing DRL near dogs dim in brightness? And how about the auto sensor for lightning work as it would usually

I've been eyeing those angel lights for a long time myself. Just don't know if I want to spend that much on them just yet where did you buy them from?
thanks man! yep i actually got this problem as soon as i installed the headlights and honestly as while as it does look great the dimmer DRL do really ruin the effect.. i asked my sparky cousin quickly about it today actually and his answer was it could possibly be that both light sources are relayed together so the higher drainage from the headlights
is causing the DRL to go dim which possibly makes sense as the DRLs stay full bright when my headlights are off! i’m looking into fixing this soon, as for price and location i got them from CT auto shops which have a pretty repubutable status, the cost originally for these are $399 but since i got LED low beams for $70 he lowered it to $350so it was $420 for the headlamps and low beam LEDS and $200 for installation and aligning which honestly seemed like a rip off.. so a total of $620.. in the end they do make a huge difference, they’re very bright and really get a lot of heads turning!

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 am

Not 100% sure about the CF DRLs but with the optional DRL for older Lancers they took over the function of the park lights, ie. to maintain ADR compliance the parker bulbs have to be removed (ADR only allow 2 parking lights).

This means they have two modes, full bright and half bright. The full brightness is when the ignition is on and headlights off (Daylight mode). Headlights on they are half bright so as not to distract in night conditions (Night mode). And finally when light switch is in parking mode they are half bright so they can stay on and illuminate a parked car without being distracting (Parked mode).

LEDs are not affected by current draw so headlight drain would not cause a dimming. The Angel lights just must not have a compatible parking light so the ETACS isn't operating the DRLs correctly.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:22 am

hmmmm this is actually pretty interesting, with the angel eyes the parkers are the two halos and the beam bar bellow the two halos, which at first confused me since i was new to headlights haha, so parker would be that, then low beam and high beam engage from the globe within the halos. after i get a few other things done i’m gonna call back and see what they say about it, because the CF DRL are damn bright and attractive at that brightness, when they dim they literally become so murky and dull and if really ruins the effect of complete bright light :(

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am

Mooman wrote:Not 100% sure about the CF DRLs but with the optional DRL for older Lancers they took over the function of the park lights, ie. to maintain ADR compliance the parker bulbs have to be removed (ADR only allow 2 parking lights).

This means they have two modes, full bright and half bright. The full brightness is when the ignition is on and headlights off (Daylight mode). Headlights on they are half bright so as not to distract in night conditions (Night mode). And finally when light switch is in parking mode they are half bright so they can stay on and illuminate a parked car without being distracting (Parked mode).

LEDs are not affected by current draw so headlight drain would not cause a dimming. The Angel lights just must not have a compatible parking light so the ETACS isn't operating the DRLs correctly.

By law in NZ your DRLs are to turn off when the headlight circuit is turned on, so when you switch your park lights on the DRLs turned off, (not that anyone ever got pinged for not correctly wiring them :roll: ) so it has never made much sense to have two mode LED lights on the front of your car to me... Mind you, the minefield that is ADR gives me a headache every time I have to deal with it at work...

Run a volt meter into the back of the plug of your factory fitted DRLs and see if the voltage drops when you turn your headlights on, usually LEDs are good between 2 - 4 volts either side of their recommended feed, though some go from 9v - 33v safely. If there is a voltage drop, it could be a start, if there isn't there could be something deeper. The beauty and the headache that is CANBUS, great for plug and play, not so great for fault finding without the right diagnostic tools....
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”