New member from Melbourne!

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

TRILOGY
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New member from Melbourne!

Postby TRILOGY » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Hey guys, I'm from Melbourne. This forum seem to be very useful and have a bunch of info from experienced lancer owners. :D

I am about to buy my first car (just got my P's) and I have decided to get a Lancer.
Like most people I love the look of the EVO X and I want to make my new lancer look somewhat like it.
Before I jump into buying my first car, can anyone give me some advice on which models is best, common problems, body kits being fitted, etc.
I was looking at getting the 2017 Lancer ES Sport, but I think i could get a earlier model since i am going to be changing the look and don't need to waste my money on the new features.
Requirements for my car: Manual, Blue, Aftermarket GPS
~TRILOGY~

Bensy487
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: New member from Melbourne!

Postby Bensy487 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Hey mate,

Good to hear you bought a Lancer, they are such a great and reliable car!!! :D
Personally I would suggest getting either Navman or TomTom as your pick for you aftermarket GPS system.
I had a TomTom but no longer use it as I bought a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer XLS which comes with sat nav.

Hope you enjoy your new car! :)

Bensy487
Bensy487

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Welcome! :D

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Welcome :)
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:06 pm

welcome!!!
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Welcome.

I thought all new Lancers had GPS now?

As for making it into a EVO look-a-like, this depends how much money you have to spend, you might consider a slightly older CJ and with the savings do the mods?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 am

Welcome to clubcj.
It will cost 2-3 times more to buy a lancer and fit a body kit. You are much better to buy one with it already fitted. A body kit actually depreciates a Lancer.
Personally I'm not a fan of body kits as they are generally made of poor material and dont fit properly.

TRILOGY
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby TRILOGY » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:58 am

Lancer1993 wrote:Welcome.

I thought all new Lancers had GPS now?

As for making it into a EVO look-a-like, this depends how much money you have to spend, you might consider a slightly older CJ and with the savings do the mods?

Thanks, yeah I have about 5k to spend on mods.
Is there much difference between a 2014 model compared to a 2015 or 2016?
No, the new lancers only come with reverse camera no GPS included
~TRILOGY~

TRILOGY
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby TRILOGY » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 am

aspir3 wrote:Welcome to clubcj.
It will cost 2-3 times more to buy a lancer and fit a body kit. You are much better to buy one with it already fitted. A body kit actually depreciates a Lancer.
Personally I'm not a fan of body kits as they are generally made of poor material and dont fit properly.

Interesting,I was thinking of just putting a front bumper and spoiler. Do you know a place that has a good reputation for fitting body kits?
Thanks
~TRILOGY~

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:41 am

At the end of the day, it's your car, and you should do what you like, but if money is no issue then definitely just buy new and then mod it how you like :)
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

TRILOGY
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby TRILOGY » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:00 pm

I wanted to save money where I could if possible, but I want to buy an ex demo/new car so that it can come with warranty/capped service/roadside assist.
~TRILOGY~

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 pm

TRILOGY wrote:Hey guys, I'm from Melbourne. This forum seem to be very useful and have a bunch of info from experienced lancer owners. :D

I am about to buy my first car (just got my P's) and I have decided to get a Lancer.
Like most people I love the look of the EVO X and I want to make my new lancer look somewhat like it.
Before I jump into buying my first car, can anyone give me some advice on which models is best, common problems, body kits being fitted, etc.
I was looking at getting the 2017 Lancer ES Sport, but I think i could get a earlier model since i am going to be changing the look and don't need to waste my money on the new features.

Welcome "TRILOGY" and happy hunting!
MY16 ES sport is a good starting point.Unfortunately there isn't and looks like there might not be a 2017 model. The 2016 MY16 ES Sport is worth going for above the 2015 MY15 ES Sport as it has a number of added and wanted features not available in the 2015 ES model. Unless you go for a 2015 My15 XLS which while maybe not brand new at the same sort of price, will give you the rear spoiler, side air dams, coloured instrument cluster 18 inch wheels, 2.4 ltr motor and heaps of other wanted quality features. Plus partly leather seats and improved trim levels,

Re: add ons and mods, there are stacks in the forums, breeze through them and have them open your eyes. :D

TRILOGY
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby TRILOGY » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 pm

sarusa wrote:
TRILOGY wrote:Hey guys, I'm from Melbourne. This forum seem to be very useful and have a bunch of info from experienced lancer owners. :D

Welcome "TRILOGY" and happy hunting!
MY16 ES sport is a good starting point.Unfortunately there isn't and looks like there might not be a 2017 model. The 2016 MY16 model is worth going for above the 2015 MY15 as it has a number of added and wanted features not available in the 2015 model.

Re: add ons and mods, there are stacks in the forums, breeze through them and have them open your eyes. :D

Thanks!
So have you had any problems with your 16 ES? Also have you don't any exterior mods to your car?
~TRILOGY~

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:17 pm

My car is a 2015 ES sport No troubles of any sort. Just another point If you decide to buy a slightly used XLS 2015 model there are many advantages. You get for instance. a 2.4ltr motor, 18 inch wheels, rear spoiler and side air dams as on the ES sport, the Ralliart type grill, part leather seats, coloured instrument cluster much, improved sound system, sat nav:and many more wanted quality features all included.
If your lucky maybe even a few add ons as well, that don't, upset the warranty.

Just one thing to look for, make sure the remaining warranty is intact.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”