Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New member from Brisbane

Postby Nirpen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:30 am

Hi, I'm new to ClubCJ.

I just received my Red P's a couple of weeks ago and I drive my Dads white lancer hatchback (He just got a GTS 86). Only a week after my Red P's I was involved in accident (nothing serious, low speed, just a case of someone not looking when driving onto a road). Insurance has been taking forever to sort stuff out, should have my car back next week, can't wait!

I am checking carsales everyday for a VRX sedan as that is what I really want (don't like the look of hatchbacks , no offense).

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Re: New member from Brisbane

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Welcome to Club CJ! :D

Peterkite82
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Peterkite82 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi and welcome to the CJ Club

Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dannn » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Welcome! Your premiums are gunna be shit! :p North or South side?
Merlinised

Skrallex
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Skrallex » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Damn, unfortunate to have an accident on your red P's. It would be worth looking at an insurance quote for the VRX before you go with that, because it could be the difference due to your accident (even if you weren't at fault, doesn't matter). While the insurance for the VRX shouldn't be TOO much higher, still worth looking into.

On the note of the VRX, it really is much better optioned than the ES, and I agree with you on the stock look of the sportback, they made such a nice looking sedan, but the rear on the sportback is horrible. My VRX has auto wipers (which I LOVE, never have to touch the wiper stalk again except for cleaning the windscreen), auto headlights (which I also LOVE), the smart key system (never have to take the key out of your pocket again!), as well as obviously being more powerful (not by much though, unfortunately. Would be nice if the extra 20% engine capacity gave 20% increase in power!), and having the body kit by default. I find some people will sell the VRX under-priced too, as they tend to match it closer to an ES.

I've done a fair bit of mostly interior mods to my VRX, there's a lot you can do just with cheap parts off ebay, though obviously the quality of a lot of it is pretty poor.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Yeah when I was looking I wanted a VRX sedan, though I would have taken the sport back if I had no choice. Yes you get a lot of nice toys with it like the keyless start, no button but at least you never have to take your keys out of your pocket again. The insurance shouldn't be much higher than the base models and type to get the 2.4. Some early ones had the smaller 2lt engine as you probably know.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Nirpen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:35 pm

I live on the west side. South-west to be more precise.

The VRX appeals to me because of all the features that set it apart from the base ES. Most noticeably the 18" rims, keyless start and paddle shifters if I go CVT. At the moment I only have an Auto license as I never had any manual cars to practice with. I'm hoping to test drive a manual car soon to see if I prefer manual over auto.

I'm not sure if the 2.4 engine is gonna feel any different to the normal ES but I do like to accelerate hard (I'm still the safest driver of all my friends. Their driving just scares me).

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Welcome to club cj.

Just remember the MY08 VRX's only had the 2.0 litre engine. I personally would look for a MY09 on.

Do you want manual or auto? If you want an automatic get Sn Aspire as they are a VRX with lots of extras but only comes in automatic.

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Nirpen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Thats good to know about the MY08's.

I am not sure if I want manual or auto yet, as I have never driven manual yet and would like to have experience in one before I buy a manual car. I should have access to a manual car soon though, to see if manual is all the fun people say it is.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Having a manual license is a good thing, even if you plan on buying an auto. Its just a good skill to have in case you need it, like renting a car or driving a friends car and once you learn its like riding a bike, you won't forget. That said every manual is different and I've not ridden a bike in over 20 years :lol:

As for the engine size the 2.4 does give you more pulling power when on the move, not just when taking off. They will use a little more fuel but driven properly it shouldn't be an issue.

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:41 pm

so im going to assume you have your automatic license going by what you just said.

if you plan to get a manual, do the manual license upgrade test first. no point buying a car you cant drive by yourself.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:00 pm

No I have a manual, only ever owned manual cars but do drive autos, actually got my license back in the day when you could sit the test in an auto and get a full license to drive a manual.

I agree do the test first then test drive a manual and auto if you can. Manual will take some getting use to, I've been driving for over 20 years and still manage to stall the CJ one of the first times I drove it.

Skrallex
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Skrallex » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Also, I don't know that a car yard will even let you test drive a manual without a manual license! :P

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Well of course you'll need access to a manual to sit the test, which yes can be an issue.

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Welcome mate!
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”