New member from Brisbane

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: New member from Brisbane

Postby Nirpen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:39 am

Got my car back and everything is as perfect as can be.
Debating whether I should vinyl wrap the interior silver trim of the car carbon fiber, as I am trying to sell the car. No idea how long it will be before it sells or if I find a good auto vrx at a dealer to trade it in for.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:13 am

IN Vic no such thing as auto or manual license. If your buying a VRX and its out of warranty make sure all niceties work or you could be up for heaps.

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Nirpen » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Bought a can of Dupli-Color Custom Wrap and tested it on the back bumper. I had to get a brush and paint in some bits to make it look straighter but I'm happy with it. Gives the car a much more sportier look.

Was moments away from setting up the car to paint the front bumper when the Insurance company called and said that the smash repair shop made a mistake in fixing my car. They had apparently replaced the damaged parts with an aftermarket front bumper, fender and headlight when they should have used second hand oem parts. I must take the car back to the shop and have them replace all the parts with oem parts otherwise the Insurance will no longer cover them.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Interesting about the insurance, so I guess the store is if you fit aftermarket parts or suspect they have been used let the insurance company know so you're covered. And if a panel shop uses them to save a few dollars (or a lot of money) then let them know.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Nirpen » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:36 am

Took the car back to the shop and had to wait a day while they changed the aftermarket parts. Drive the car home and then decide to put on the hazard lights just for fun as I have never used them before. Lo and behold the headlight they used has a blown bulb for the indicator. I take it back the next day and they fix it in a couple of minutes.
Fingered crossed the car doesn't have anymore problems caused by the bodyshop.

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Its good to see they fixed it up with OEM parts in the end. I hope you have no more problems!

We have a event coming up at Goodna next week, Sunday 30th at the Jacaranda Festival Car Show n Shine, I'd love to see you there!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”