Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Peterkite82
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

New Member in Brisbane

Postby Peterkite82 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 am

Hi guys and girls,

I would like to introduce myself my name is Peter and I'm quite new to this whole forum seen lol.

A bit of history about myself i have just recently purchased my new 2014 CJ Lancer Sports off a mate of mine who purchased it brand new then drove it to Sydney where it sat on the army base for a whole year before I bought it off him.

So the way I look at it is that it's his lose and my gain lol. So I have recently installed a cold air intake to the car and now I have been thinking of getting a Aftermarket exhaust system I have been looking at the xforce 2.5 inch single outlet or the 3 inch dual outlet.

So I was wondering what are your thoughts on an exhaust system do you guys know of any better systems that you would recommend?

Cheers Peter

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: New Member in Brisbane

Postby sarusa » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Peterkite82 wrote:Hi guys and girls,

I would like to introduce myself my name is Peter and I'm quite new to this whole forum seen lol.

A bit of history about myself i have just recently purchased my new 2014 CJ Lancer Sports off a mate of mine who purchased it brand new then drove it to Sydney where it sat on the army base for a whole year before I bought it off him.

So the way I look at it is that it's his lose and my gain lol. So I have recently installed a cold air intake to the car and now I have been thinking of getting a Aftermarket exhaust system I have been looking at the xforce 2.5 inch single outlet or the 3 inch dual outlet.

So I was wondering what are your thoughts on an exhaust system do you guys know of any better systems that you would recommend?

Cheers Peter

Not an expert on this but 3 inch dual outlet would most likely cause you pain if car is intended for normal street use as you would loose torque, suggest 2.5 inch single would be fine and possibly dual 2.5 would also be OK. there are many threads on this subject if you care to look them up. :)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Welcome! :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:00 pm

I would suggest an exhaust like that is wasted on a Sports model Lancer, but hey its your money and if I had the money I'd probably do like wise, just for the look. But remember you'll need a new bumper of lower diffuser to finish the look, so work that into the budget. If your just after a better sound look at a single outlet with a nice tip, way lower cost.

Check out the many threads on the topic and ask questions there where others who have done the work can be more helpful.

Welcome :)
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Peterkite82
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Peterkite82 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for the advice I ended up getting a 2.5 inch custom full stainless from the cat back to a single outlet gave it a really nice note so I'm happy with that :)

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:44 am

Was the muffler a brand name muffler and if so,what is it? See already you can help others!!

Peterkite82
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Peterkite82 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:34 am

It is a Magnaflow muffler

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:39 pm

I did similar but dumped the muffler for a resonator and new tip, I may sill do a twin outlet in the future or just wait until I can afford a RA.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm

next is a tune.

Peterkite82
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Peterkite82 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Yes I was thinking of getting a tune done just not sure where to get one done

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Peterkite82 wrote:Yes I was thinking of getting a tune done just not sure where to get one done

Merlin would be the man to speak with for a Tune. Perhaps we could get a few together to make it worth his while to come to QLD.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Merlin was looking to be in Brisbane on the 29th of this month to do some tuning

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”