Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mystz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Hello from Melbourne :)

Postby Mystz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm from Melbourne. I’m a proud owner of a 2011 Lancer VRX. I got it about 3 months ago and I love the car so far.

I first stumbled across ClubCJ when I was looking for general information on the Lancer. Since then, I've been lurking the forums for guides and what-not, considering that I don't have a lot of knowledge about cars.

However, I have some future plans on what I would like to do. Among others,
  • Install a reverse-parking camera. I have no clue on where to place and conceal the wires. I’m assuming that cars have something like a conduit where wires go from one part of the car to another? I’ll have to read more.
  • Replace the stock non-MMCS head unit with one with touch screen and navigation (aftermarket). I’m still researching on which one to buy. I remember reading that not all head units support interfacing with the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer. This is the one bit that confuses me. Looks like I have to read more about that.
  • Possibly, install miscellaneous sensors and hooking them up to an in-vehicle single-board computer like a Raspberry Pi for data analytics. I have a background in computer science. So, I'm excited to have such a data collection platform for building mathematical models that would characterize my driving behavior etc. This is one of the bigger personal projects I would like to spend my free time on. Might be interesting to hook up a FPGA module that I have for running real-time machine-learning algorithms as well.

Anyway, it's always nice to be part of a community. Nice to meet you all :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Hello from Melbourne :)

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:57 am

First welcome.

As for the reversing camera most after market ones are usually located just above the number plate and it's common for them to be wireless so you just wire it to the revers light so when you put it in revers the HU gets a signal from the camera and springs into action.

There are loads of options when it comes to HUs, I'm also looking right now.

And yes some HUs can be connected to the cars data port and display it on the screen.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”