digitiel
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New member 3yr RA owner with lag - from Brisbane

Postby digitiel » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:02 am

Real first name: Pauline
Model: CJ4R41 2012
Colour: Black
General interests: IT and gadgets, some gaming, currently archiving family photos
Current mods: none
Planned mods: Either 'tune' or iDrive Electronic Throttle controller
How you found out about ClubCJ: Searching for information about Ralliart lag and feedback from RA owners about iDrive or other Electronic Throttle Controllers.

I've searched the site using the term 'lag', found older posts recommending a 'tune' from Merlin but haven't seen much on the topic of 3rd party throttle controllers.

My vehicle is out of warranty. I expect to drive it for another couple of years. I want the vehicle to respond on demand, especially when needing to get out of a situation quickly. Using Sport mode and manual gear changes helps a little. I drove a Volvo C30 turbo previously and there was no lag whatsoever. I test drove a few RAs when buying this one and they all had the same delay.

I'm hoping the members' experience and advice will help me enjoy the next few years driving the Ralliart.

Thanks in advance, Pauline.

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:15 am

(WTTC)
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:23 am

Welcome, With the ECU being so easily tuned why would you want a third party controller. You will get better gains, response and fuel economy with a tune. I brisbane you have AK Racing (they work with Beebletoons), Mercury Motorsports (locked ECU tune). Then you have the likes of Merlin and Beeble who can send you a flash file where you have to do some logging to fine tune.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:24 am

Hi Pauline welcome to ClubCJ.

I wouldn't look at getting iDrive Electronic Throttle controller. You are definitely best to fix the lag with a tune. merlin is really a great option but he is based is Sydney. He has been to Brisbane before to tune members cars with great success.

Your other option is to try Megatron AK racing as Alan will be able to help you and they are in Brisbane area.

digitiel
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby digitiel » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks all for the kind welcome, advice and in particular the names of local tuners. I'll send DMs for further advice and look forward to hear more from you all.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:20 pm

Welcome! :D

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:34 am

Hi and welcome. Just to +1 what has already been put a tune is the only way to go re improving the turbo lag. A more sensitive accelerator pedal will not change the characteristics of the car, despite their claims on their website

A tune through AK and Beeble will not only improve turbo response time (and a tune + hi flow cat would improve it further) but also tighten up the gear changes, improve power and also improve fuel economy - a very worthwhile investment.

Something you will definitely pat yourself on the back for over the next few years if you get it done
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”