Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tstorm1986
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Stepping out of the shadows, SA

Postby tstorm1986 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi Im Tom.

Ive been on the site lurking for quite awhile but this is my first post. My toy car is my Ralliart Colt, and my (my wife would call it hers) 09 CJ VRX Hatch fills the role of family wagon. I have however started do a few mods of the lancer, and in turn done some research on this site. some questions will be following but I thought it was best to introduce my self first

The VRX.
Its running King Lows and K/N panel. With a RA snorkel on order and an EVO X catback in the shed waiting to be retrofitted.

It has the full Rockford Fosgate pack so i have touched the electrical side of things.

Aesthetically, I have Plasti dipped the front bar/grill and the bottom of the rear bar. The tailights have also had a lick of nite shades.

After a tune and maybe a swaybar I think the car will be finished, if im looking for a head ache i may even add a dbl DIN Sony XAV 68BT (massive Sony fanboy)

And thats about it.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Welcome, nice to see another Gawler member like myself! :D

I have seen a couple silver Ralliart Colts around Gawler lately! :)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Welcome to Clubcj.

Where are you going for the tune.

blinklight
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blinklight » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:04 pm

*welcome* Tom

My daily is a RA Colt too. Love it, but after my recent tune of the CJ she spends a little more time in the garage, lol

Hope to see you on a cruise sometime :)
Annie's Merlinised Red Devil

tstorm1986
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tstorm1986 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm

As for the tune I haven't done much research about the tune, I was hoping to find out more on here. Where have did you get yours Aspir3? Is there a merlin ROM for the NA lancers?

One of those silver colts is mine Vrx_08. I have seen another silver one in Gawler too but i dont think that they were as excited as i was.

Have you done anything to your colt blinklight? I ended up buying the colt after we settled on a vrx instead of an RA.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 pm

My car is now running a Merlin tune. Merlin came to Adelaide late last year and tuned about 5 cars. I've been through a long process of trying to tune my car after purchasing it in 2008. Unfortunately there was noone around then that new much about cj lancers that were normally aspirated and they didn't really want to learn. Merlin was the first to do it properly and over 3-4 years has really got to know our cars and is now really getting very good results.

I believe there are a few other members in Adelaide looking for a tune too. I suggest you get in contact with Merlin when you are ready and organise a weekend for to come over for another tuning session.

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Welcome :D
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:21 pm

tstorm1986 wrote:One of those silver colts is mine Vrx_08. I have seen another silver one in Gawler too but i dont think that they were as excited as i was.

Yes i see one quite often on Calton Rd in Gawler East! Have seen two, one with normal white and black plates and then one with premium black plates with white lettering!

blinklight
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blinklight » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:48 pm

tstorm1986 wrote:As for the tune I havent done much research about the tune, I was hoping to find out more on here. Where have did you get yours Aspir3? Is there a merlin ROM for the NA lancers? One of those silver colts is mine Vrx_08. I have seen another silver one in Gawler too but i dont think that they were as excited as i was. Have you done anything to your colt blinklight? I ended up buying the colt after we settled on a vrx instead of an RA.

Merlin tunes are da bomb!!!
Fell in love with the CJ all over again when I had her done :D

My RColt is silver too, lol
Kept the daily stock as, couldn't justify putting $ into 3 cars.

Are you a member of RColt Tom? There is also a SA RColt group on FB.
Last edited by blinklight on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:49 pm

(WTTC) hope to see you around
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:48 am

I might be able to do another Adelaide tuning trip late March or more likely early April. No chance before that though.

Annie, could do some further tweaks to your SST shift mapping as I have had an EvoMR in my care for the last 3-4 weeks and have been relentlessly tweaking it to my satisfaction. I can understand why you RA and MR people love to drive these cars on the paddles - so quick its ridiculous.

blinklight
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blinklight » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:55 am

merlin wrote:I might be able to do another Adelaide tuning trip late March or more likely early April. No chance before that though. Annie, could do some further tweaks to your SST shift mapping as I have had an EvoMR in my care for the last 3-4 weeks and have been relentlessly tweaking it to my satisfaction. I can understand why you RA and MR people love to drive these cars on the paddles - so quick its ridiculous.

Would be fantastic to have you back here David!
I will put up a post to gauge interest.

If you think it needs or could do with further tweaking I'm happy for you to further tweak the SST as much as you like, it is already awesome!
Now you know why I felt like a fish out of water when you asked me to drive my beast in auto, lol

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 am

welcome :D
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

sazman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sazman » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Welcome would like to c u out at a meet

tstorm1986
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tstorm1986 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:28 pm

aspir3 wrote:My car is now running a Merlin tune. Merlin came to Adelaide late last year and tuned about 5 cars. Ive been through a long process of trying to tune my car after purchasing it in 2008. Unfortunately there was noone around then that new much about cj lancers that were normally aspirated and they didnt really want to learn. Merlin was the first to do it properly and over 3-4 years has really got to know our cars and is now really getting very good results.

Im so happy to here that there are improvements to be made to the NA roms, Im definitely keen on a tune. Ive played around with a Tactrix on my colt but used it mostly for logging knock and maybe adjusting the WGDC when i was using the stock and then 3 port boost solenoid. So DIY tuning NA is out of my league.

VRX_08 wrote: Yes i see one quite often on Calton Rd in Gawler East! Have seen two, one with normal white and black plates and then one with premium black plates with white lettering!

Thats me with the premo plates you'll have to give me a flash if you see me around town.

blinklight wrote: Are you a member of RColt Tom? There is also a SA RColt group on FB.

Im an active member on the adelaide RColt, Are you on there?

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”