Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

moltisanti
INACTIVE Member Account

New member from Adelaide

Postby moltisanti » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:37 am

Hey all,

Picked up my 08 lancer ES manual yesterday in grey

stock to the bone, but im looking for things to do to it.

trying to think of rims that would suit the colour of the car and also info on the best way to black out that front bumper to give the evo look.

I'm gonna try and find some LED's for the parker bulbs and get some new white/blue headlights, any suggestions for what kind, or any problems that people have faced with this?

hopefully with some help I can change what is a stock as a rock lancer into something classy looking.

also not sure of any mitsi/lancer clubs in Adelaide so let me know!

thanks!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:50 am

Welcome to the club mate. Check out the how to section. Alot of great info there. As for the parking lights, you can pick up some LED's from autobarn for like $10 which do the job. I have had mine is since the day i bought my car and they're goin great guns.

You wanna go for HID's or just white globes?
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

moltisanti
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby moltisanti » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:14 am

thanks tadzOrz
yea probly just the white globes, I think there is too much stuffing around with the HID ones isnt there? and im guessing they come with a nice price tag too?

might go have a look today at some of the LED range, I want to get the white LED's for the number plate lights as well, they look great on my mates XR5

starting small and work my way up when i get some more $$

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:27 am

There is a bit of trouble with the HIDS but they would be worth it. Only issue then is, they would be illegal. If yo want HID's in australia you need to have auto-leveling HIDS, which are extremely expensive. You can get a decent set of HID's for about $200.

I want HIDs personally, alot of stuff on my car is already illegal so it aint gunna make a difference if ive get HIDS. Just gotta make sure they are pointed to the ground and hope that the cops dont think too much of it.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

sephira
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sephira » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:50 pm

hay champ congrats on the new car im from adelaide too would like to now if we have cj lancer runs as well.. your lucky you got yours already me and my wife are still waiting on ours its sucks almost been 2weeks now its killing us knowing we have a new car but not being able to drive lol.. im up south way (reynella).. good luck mith the new car...

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Just get a decent set of Philips globes. www.powerbulbs.co.uk - look for HB3 and HB4 globes.

Will set you back about $100 inc shipping, wont be illegal and wont give other drivers the shits when you blind them with fragmented light because you have the wrong light housing, not to mention no washers or auto levelling.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:30 pm

If you really want to get HIDs you should be looking at something like this

Even then it's still going to be illegal, but at least you wont be blinding people, unless you hit a bump in the road and the light bounces up for a second.

m1n1on
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby m1n1on » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:10 pm

welcome to the club!

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Welcome to ClubCJ moltisanti,
Its great to see we are getting more members from Adelaide.
Hopefully Soon you guys will be having club meets.

sephira
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sephira » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:07 pm

thanks ozie me 2....moltisanti maybe we should start something up and put adelaide on the map 4 cj runs???

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Welcome to clubCJ!

The only issues with LEDs is not until you put them in as the tail lights and stop lights. They cause the ETACS ECU to think all the bulbs are blown and it (for some strange reason) disables the ASC and cruise control as it thinks there is a fault in a speed sensor. Weird, but unless you put in load resistors, the problem exists.

daveee wrote:If you really want to get HIDs you should be looking at something like this

Even then it's still going to be illegal, but at least you wont be blinding people, unless you hit a bump in the road and the light bounces up for a second.

THAT ^^ is the only way to do HIDs properly. Unless you get the Evo/Aspire's HID headlights which have projectors anyway. But THAT is pricey. $3700 just for them from JapanParts.com

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I think someone posted you can get them for $1700 somewhere, can't remember - $1700/$3700 could buy you a whole lot of HP as opposed to well...light and extra weight in the car. I haven't eve seen an aspire up close, do they even have washers on them?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:48 pm

It was probably me that you read $1700 from. They used are $1700 each. Last I checked.

Yeah Aspires/Evos have washers and what not. Fully legal. CLICK, then zoom in

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:57 pm

hey welcome to the club
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

hasu12
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby hasu12 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:24 pm

welcome to the club dude!! u will love ur cj more just by hanging out here hehe

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”