Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

skeg
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Greetings from Melbourne!!

Postby skeg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Hello Ladies and Gents!

Thought I would do the right thing and introduce myself as I've just been lurking for a day or two. :roll:

I've just recently purchased a manual MY15 XLS, brand spanker! Picking it up on Saturday morning. Been eyeing the Ralliart for a year or two but just couldn't find myself one that I could settle on and be happy with.

Anyways, I look forward to catching up with you in the future and I'll outline some other info below. ;)

Model: 2015 XLS Manual Sedan

Colour: Cool silver

General interests:
Cars, Motorbikes (& MotoGP), Carpentry, Movie memorabilia...

Current mods:
- As stock as it comes. ;)

Planned mods:
- Exhaust (Maybe, happy for input)
- Minor exterior changes (spoiler infill's and so forth)
- Open to suggestions... and still seeing what's about.. :)

Previous cars:
- 1993 R33 GTST Nissan Skyline
- 1989 Honda Prelude
- 1985 Honda Prelude

Previous bikes:
- 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
- 2008 Yamaha R1
- 2007 Yamaha R6
- 2004 Yamaha R6 (Fiat scheme)
- 2002 Suzuki GSX-R 600
- 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6

^^^^ I'm going to stop there, because its concerning how many bikes I've owned over the years. Only ever owned one at a time too. Flip one and get a new one. Hahaha.

Anyway, enough about me and thanks for having me!!

Cheers :)
Last edited by skeg on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haza92
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Haza92 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Welcome dude :)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Welcome to Club CJ! :D

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Welcome!

Whatever mods you decide to do depends on how much you would like to spend on them. There are probably three big things to do, the first to is change to a Ralliart air duct (the normal one is far too restrictive). However, this requires cutting plastic at the front of the engine as illustrated in another thread. without doing this, it potentially limits the benefits of other mods. The two other mods are replacing the rear muffler and extractors. If you want to go further with the exhaust you can go a high flow cat and other pipe rework, but I believe the benefits of doing so might be limited. Not sure how warranty departments would look at replacing the cat either as it is a device that could potentially change the emissions of the vehicle.

For a decent set of extractors, replacing the muffler, and the air intake (oh, and a K&N filter too), you will already be over $1000. I'm not sure of the filter situation with the 4B12 engines. I know they changed the air box with the 4B11's in the recent models such that all those recommended on here apart from the K&N 33-3015 will not fit (the other sizing is the 33-2392). The 4B12 is a bit of a neglected motor as I mentioned in another thread. It is definitely the better of the two, which is quite evident in that it basically had the same economy stats as the old 4B11, but unlike the 4B11 that got a very significant economy tweak in 2012 MY13 model (not sure what it involved), the 4B12 has remained unchanged since 2008.

BTW, I am a Lancer newbie myself, so I'm not an expert in any of this. It's just the way I see it :). Of course, there are loads more you can do, but it would be easy to encroach on a much higher dollar value without the same benefit of gains.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

judg3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby judg3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:24 am

Hey there, welcome!

skeg
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby skeg » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:24 pm

burfadel wrote:Welcome! Whatever mods you decide to do depends on how much you would like to spend on them. There are probably three big things to do, the first to is change to a Ralliart air duct (the normal one is far too restrictive). However, this requires cutting plastic at the front of the engine as illustrated in another thread. without doing this, it potentially limits the benefits of other mods. The two other mods are replacing the rear muffler and extractors. If you want to go further with the exhaust you can go a high flow cat and other pipe rework, but I believe the benefits of doing so might be limited. Not sure how warranty departments would look at replacing the cat either as it is a device that could potentially change the emissions of the vehicle. For a decent set of extractors, replacing the muffler, and the air intake (oh, and a K&N filter too), you will already be over $1000. Im not sure of the filter situation with the 4B12 engines. I know they changed the air box with the 4B11s in the recent models such that all those recommended on here apart from the K&N 33-3015 will not fit (the other sizing is the 33-2392). The 4B12 is a bit of a neglected motor as I mentioned in another thread. It is definitely the better of the two, which is quite evident in that it basically had the same economy stats as the old 4B11, but unlike the 4B11 that got a very significant economy tweak in 2012 MY13 model (not sure what it involved), the 4B12 has remained unchanged since 2008. BTW, I am a Lancer newbie myself, so Im not an expert in any of this. Its just the way I see it :). Of course, there are loads more you can do, but it would be easy to encroach on a much higher dollar value without the same benefit of gains.

Cheers for the detail burfadel. I'll be sure to read up on everything before digging right in. The cost doesn't seem bad for what you have suggested too. So that makes me more inclined to look. ;) But thanks again.

Cheers for warm Welcome also. Looking forward to the stay. :)

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Welcome mate!
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”