Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

EvoCrew
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Lancer ES Sport with Evo X Parts??

Postby EvoCrew » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey guys.

So I am able to get my P's in a month and I was planning on buying an ES Sport (Brand New). I want to know if I can get an Evo X spoiler, an Evo X hood, an Evo X lip which I think is the front of the car and an Evo X exhaust.

Will these parts fit on an ES Sport?

As you can tell I don't know much about cars so i appreciate any advice :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:17 pm

That's some shopping list and plenty of threads here on the topic. But basically you'll need EVO style parts as the EVO is slightly wider than the other Lancers so some parts will not fit off an EVO.

You'll be looking at a price tag in the $1000s.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

EvoCrew
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby EvoCrew » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Alright thanks for that, helps a lot!!

When you say Evo style parts, what do you mean?

And I know the price will be quite a lot but i have been saving for a while now :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:05 pm

They are often refereed to as EVO X style parts, they are made to fit the other CJ Lancers and look like the stock EVO parts. Just make sure it's for the Lancer you have and not the EVO X.

Of course there are loads of options like this rear bumper.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Avoid carmate and Bodykitskingdom.

Double check that these parts can fit NA Lancers
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Yeah I was gonna add that not all of them fit 100%, so if you are handy or know a good body shop that can help paint and fit them.

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:13 am

Evo X hood and rear wing will fit straight away. Bumper parts won't fit as the X bumpers are wider.
As for the exhaust, why you want to put X exhaust on a Lancer? Want more than one tail pipe or what? If you are looking for sound, that is not the exhaust you want, it's so quiet. Pipe diameter is bigger, but rear muffler is restrictive, so I would not say that it will give you any noticeable performance.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 am

Can't speak for the opening post but I for one would like an EVO style rear bumper and pipes more for the look than any practical reason like more power, and of course the sound depends largely on the muffler used.

Interestingly the guy I'm getting to fix the holes in my exhaust said it could be cheaper to buy something bolt on from the axle back point than for him to make something up given the time needed to make it.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a new exhaust (not twin pipe) with a free flow muffler and will video the before and after to see if there is a difference in sound from the already after market muffler I have.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Alex each to their own, but with the money you would be spending (even on replica evo X parts, plus painting and shipping and fitment) you probably could\'ve afforded to buy a used evo X if the first place :lol:

Idk what state you\'re in so you might not be allowed a turbocharged vehicle on your P\'s, but if you have spare money after buying the car I\'d just save it until you buy your second car, and get a fast one then :wink:

Also, my first car was a 01 lancer with a full evo VI bodykit (I bought it like that) and I must\'ve hit 100 curbs with it in the time I had it, the bumper was thrashed :P

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Yes that is the other thing, money on body kits is something you'll never recover, it won't add to the resale value and may in fact reduce it.

I agree if you want a fast CJ then save up and get a used EVO or RA in a few years.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”