Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Melbourne Member

Postby Aspired » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Lancer world and currently in the process of buying one.
Well I'm trying to buy one, but there are none in Australia with the factory options I want and there is a delay until around September before I can get what I want. The problem is that there is a going to be a price rise from now until then, meaning the prices I get now are no good. I'm trying to get a dealer to provide me with price protection until I get the car. All of them are happy to give me price protection until the end of August... Funny that, seeing as they know there's no way I will get it before September, so will end up having to pay more when the car arrives..

Looking at other options, like another color or maybe a VRX.

I'd like to thank ofey for his help with my search.

So why am I looking at an Aspire, Well I recently sold my T3 TE50 and my daily drive is in need of an upgrade, So I figured I'll get something smaller to use as my new daily and I want it to be a fun car to drive. I think the Aspire is a great little car, full of great options and features. I'm sure I will enjoy driving it and I might modify it for a bit more fun. As far as a replacement for the T3, well nothing in mind yet..

Hope to see you guys on one of your cruisers..

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Welcome to the club aspire, hope to see you at our next meet. its happening mid to late july at the garage cafe
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Welcome aboard mate
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:16 pm

nick you rekon you can make it to the garage cafe bro?
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey and welcome, I'm Adrian.

I had to waid 3 months for my VRX, back in 2007. Ordered it release weekend, picked it up December. The price I signed to on the contract was the price I paid. So as long as you pay a deposit on the one you want, and sign the contract at the current price you are negotiating with and provided there are no tricky clauses, you will not have to pay any more for it. I didn't and neither did those of us who were in the same situation I was in at the time. I know there was a few more at my dealership, and I also know Jamez707 had to wait for his like I did, but I can't comment on his price though.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Hey and welcome, I'm Adrian.

I had to waid 3 months for my VRX, back in 2007. Ordered it release weekend, picked it up December. The price I signed to on the contract was the price I paid. So as long as you pay a deposit on the one you want, and sign the contract at the current price you are negotiating with and provided there are no tricky clauses, you will not have to pay any more for it. I didn't and neither did those of us who were in the same situation I was in at the time. I know there was a few more at my dealership, and I also know Jamez707 had to wait for his like I did, but I can't comment on his price though.
There is a clause on the back of the contract that states something along the lines of, if the cost of the car goes up prior to its manufacture, you have to pay the new price. Price protection helps in this case, but no dealer will give me price protection until delivery, they all go upto the end of August. One dealer came clean and said the reason for this is that Mitsubishi will start manufacturing the Aspire in September and they are now only moving stock that has already been built, But Australia will not get any of these and will have to wait for the September built stock, which will cost more. He didn't know how much more, but he said the price will go up.

So my only hope is to find one that is already here, but there are no Black Aspires with Sunroofs here. Preston has 2 listed on carsales, but I found out that they were sold weeks ago and they do not have anymore. They were meant to get a Black Aspire on Wednesday, but after checking today I was told that they have not received it yet.

All is not lost as I have 2 more dealers that have told me they have a 09 Black Aspire with Sat Nav and no sunroof. I can get a sunroof(Hollandia 900) fitted for $2k. I have been let down before, so I will believe it when I see it.

If all pans out I will be buying an 09 Black Aspire, with Sat Nav, rear park assist, mats and a full tank for $32,900

OR

A Grey 08 Aspire with Sat Nav for $32,700. The dealer with the Grey one has also offered to fit the Hollandia 900 sunroof, rear park assist, mats and a full tank for a total of $35,400

So tomorrow is the day...

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:16 pm

I don't recommend an Aftermarket Sunroof.

Just live without a sunroof! Save yourself so much money and heartache!

And if your Aspire is not manufactured until September, you won't get it until October anyway. My car was built 4th November 2007 and it arrived in Brisbane 10th December, I got it the 12th. The ship goes from Japan -> Brisbane -> Sydney -> Melbourne so yours may take a week or so longer than mine did.

Good luck with it anyway, and report back with the progress!

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 pm

back in the day, aftermarket sunroofs were pretty bad, but they have come a long way. The Hollandia sunroofs are what Ford use and I have a few friends that have them fitted without any issues.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 am

Welcome to ClubCJ

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:13 am

Welcome Aspired to ClubCJ
Keep us posted on your purchase progress mate
Good luck
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:37 am

In a couple of hours I'm off to see what these dealers really have to offer.
What they promise over the phone has so far not been what you get once you visit the dealer..

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:56 pm

I finally found one and bought it, But no sunroof
- 09 Black Aspire
- Sat Nav
- Park assist
- Mat set
- Full tank

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Sunroofs are over rated anyway :P

Good score!

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm still thinking of getting one..
The Hollandia 900 fitted by prestige sunroofs, the dealer will give me a call on Monday with a price..

DVS
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby DVS » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Welcome enjoy the club
Intolerance will not be tolerated

"Insert rant here "

CJ VR-X SPORTSBACK OWNER

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”