Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:36 am

ES Sport and Sport same thing to me! :P

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Yup, my13 introduced the electric steering and removal of the power steering pump. Much better and more direct feel.

The oil holes above the oil filter are only on the 4b11t block I believe for the optional oil cooler that Mitsubishi offered at one point and where not put into the 4b11 and 4b12 blocks.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: New member - Freakynami from Adelaide

Postby freakynami » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Gee, it's been a while.

I've made a fair amount of progress on the Midlana build.

The beginnings of the chassis, with the 4B11 and CVT sitting ready.

And roughly the latest chassis progress.

Still a few years to go :)

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Re: New member - Freakynami from Adelaide

Postby burfadel » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 am

The newer Nissan (Jatco) CVT's can do at least 224 KW and 354 NM of torque. When I mentioned the Maxima in another thread I saw the power figures (300 HP and 261 lb/ft of torque) and converted it out of interest. The car is a 3.5 L Direct Injection V6 with a CVT auto.

The CVT used in the Lancer though is an older generation than this, and a lower capacity version.

The new 2017 Nissan Pathfinder also has the same engine (tuned slightly differently, 212 KW, 351 NM torque) with the CVT, and towing capacity is supposedly 2720 KG (that's from the American model info). Rememeber the Lancer's engines and CVT are effectively from 2006 (final development days, not when it was put into production), the 2017 Pathfinder and Maxima final development would be in 2016, so the CVT used has had 10 years of development over the one in the Lancer. Since Nissan owns Jatco who make the CVT's they have access to the latest revisions.

So the latest Jatco CVT's can cope with at least 220 KW input, 350 NM torque, pushing around the weight of a Pathfinder, whoever is inside plus 2720 KG of whatever is being towed. Obviously in the Lancer this would just strip the CVT, so obviously there has been impressive improvements in capacity.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”