Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby TITAN » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:32 am

Welcome and steer clear of CVT.

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Thanks everyone, and sorry it's been a while since my last visit...

As noticed above, yep, I'm building a kit car, so I'll have many less problems than some, and many more too :)

Since my last post (back in July - Yikes time flies), I've bought a new daily driver, that has a CVT (not a lancer unfortunately). That has given me a good feel for how they drive, and in my opinion it's perfect for commuting in stop start traffic. As soon as I get into the hills I hate it. I did try a DSG Golf GTi too, but that was way higher mileage for my budget.

I have however, got my hands on a wrecked 2013 Lancer sedan. It's got the 4B11 with a CVT. I'm in the process of stripping it for as much as I can use, then I'll scrap the rest.

I plan on building the kit car with this combo, it'll probably take me 5 years or so to build the car, so if the budget is okay nearer the end of the build, I'll switch to a 4B11T and try to find some way to make it 2WD Manual - otherwise, it'll still be fun for a little while.

I'm located in Adelaide (North East), so if you think there might be anything on this car you'd like, just ask and I'll let you know if it's there and available. I'm intending to use as much as I possibly can, and the first owner of the wreck had already stripped a LOT of the interior (and there is obvious front-end damage), but all of the doors are good, the boot lid (spoiler), steering wheel (airbag deployed), tail lights, stock stereo etc.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 pm

Do you know which model it is? ES, VR, etc

Otherwise im looking for a solar temperature sensor. (only available if you have climate control standard).

Its located in the bottom middle where the windscreen meets the dash. if its not there then there will be a plastic cover instead of it.

You need to remove the majority of the passenger side dash to fully remove and unclip it at its connector.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Would be keen for tail lights if I wasn't so broke. ;---;'

edit: someone got dibs already, nvm.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 am

I don't actually know what model it is, the sticker on the LHS door frame states CJ8M41, options AAF, Trim CK. I haven't looked hard enough yet to find out what that means...

As for the sun sensor, I'll have a look to see if it's still there, most of the electrical is sitting loose in the back but I haven't looked closely yet - I'll let you know.

At least the dash is already removed :shock:

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:54 am

nice work!
It looks like you might have a VR or activ or another special edition model.
I don't think ES's could get bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel.

if you need some visual aids as to what Im after.

http://lynspira.blogspot.com.au/2013/10 ... ioner.html

Obviously it wont help if you just have a tumbleweed of wiring

I may also need the internal temperature sensor too. i have the holes in the trim but not sure if mine came with the actual sensor with the original manual aircon.

thanks mate.

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Cool thanks, I'll have a dig next time I'm in the shed. It definitely has BT, I found the module sitting loose in the boot :)

Jason-VR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Jason-VR » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Does it have seat heaters?

kfresh
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby kfresh » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:28 am

himynameisdaniel wrote:I dont think ESs could get bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel.

Mine does. It could be an ES "sport", judging by that, the year, and the wheels.

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:30 pm

I looked under the front pax seat today, and I don't see any heavy gauge wiring running into it, just a flat mylar cable, which I'm guessing is a pressure switch only for the SRS.

I've been pulling the front end apart today to make way for the engine to come out.

I'm slightly confused, the block where the engine number is stamped, above the oil filter, doesn't seem to have the little bungs that most 4B11s do, and the power steering pump isn't above the alternator. The car isn't at home so I am going on my photos, it'll be clearer when I am there next. I guess they relocated the PS pump in 2014 (this car is APR13 build, so MY14)

I have no idea what model it was, all of the interior is stripped, there is no badge on the boot, no reversing camera, does have bluetooth and 16" alloys. Carsales and Redbook don't help either ;)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:40 pm

I am thinking it might be an ES Sport? A lot of the newer models don't have badges now days!

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:41 pm

I think I'm convinced it's a MY14 CJ Sport.

It has the right wheels, side skirts, chrome exhaust tip, blacked tail lights and taller boot spoiler. Looking at them on carsales this seems like the one.

Not that it really matters :roll:

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:47 pm

VRX_08 wrote:I am thinking it might be an ES Sport? A lot of the newer models dont have badges now days!

Sorry, you're dead right.

I thought the ES Sport had different rims, but that was an MY15, the MY14.5 looks just like the MY14 CJ Sport, so probably one and the same ???

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:53 pm

freakynami wrote:[quote:7b8f860e77=VRX_08]I am thinking it might be an ES Sport? A lot of the newer models dont have badges now days![/quote:7b8f860e77] Sorry, youre dead right. I thought the ES Sport had different rims, but that was an MY15, the MY14.5 looks just like the MY14 CJ Sport, so probably one and the same ???

Hard to tell now days when they don't put badges on some models! They look like the VR rims but I am pretty sure they used those styles of rims across a number of CJ Lancer models in the later years! If it was a VR it should have a VR badge on it and they have a boot lip spoiler rather than a spoiler pictured! Pretty sure they used those rims and that spoiler on the ES Sport there for a while!

freakynami
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby freakynami » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 pm

I keep finding more information, and confusing myself all over again!

The ident plate on the car definitely states an April2013 build - from Redbook the ES Sport only came out from MY14.5 onwards, prior to that it was just called the "Sport", or "CJ Sport".

Yeah, all of the photos seem to have no model badge at all.

I worked out the power steering pump - it's electric assist !

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”