***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Hi Everyone - intro32

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:41 pm

^contact beeble on the forums..he is the go to guy if you need anything done with regards to the ECU.
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:44 pm

black_ice wrote:^contact beeble on the forums..he is the go to guy if you need anything done with regards to the ECU.

Cool as thanks for the heads up :)

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Just got back from my lone cruse from Mornington Peninsula run down to Sorento it was good to get out and about.
ImageImageImage

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Sexy!
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:21 am

My neck of the woods. Did you hit the flinders/merricks roads? Some beautiful driving down that side of the peninsula
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:48 pm

I took the Esplanade from Morno to Dromana, then got on the freeway to Rye, then Point Nepean to Sorento. It was a relaxing cruse :)

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:45 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Love that effect in the 2nd shot!

Thanks :) Believe it or not I have had the car since March 2011 and the first photo that i have ever taken of it is the first pic in this thread.

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Fizzlefuzzle wrote:Welcome :) dont forget to join our Vic Facebook page :) we have regular meets and cruises :)

Just signed up to facebook and sent a request.

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:08 pm

hey! just read about the reverse not engaging and beeping. How often is that happening? That happens to me too. About once a month. I believe its the clutch not engaging properly so it takes a second or two for it to get into gear. Not an unknown thing from what i believe.

If you dont mind me asking what other problems are you experiencing? And which dealers have you gone to talk to them about it? Why did you need a gearbox replacement? thats very expensive isnt it?

As for ECU work, as someone said Beeble is the best person to talk to. Short of an actual dealership he's the best person... in fact he's better person to talk to then a dealership. At least you wont get a load of BS if you talk to him
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Momengah wrote:hey! just read about the reverse not engaging and beeping. How often is that happening? That happens to me too. About once a month. I believe its the clutch not engaging properly so it takes a second or two for it to get into gear. Not an unknown thing from what i believe. If you dont mind me asking what other problems are you experiencing? And which dealers have you gone to talk to them about it? Why did you need a gearbox replacement? thats very expensive isnt it? As for ECU work, as someone said Beeble is the best person to talk to. Short of an actual dealership hes the best person... in fact hes better person to talk to then a dealership. At least you wont get a load of BS if you talk to him

Hi Momengah, the reverse not engaging problem happens all the time for me, it usaly happens just after starting the car and putting it in reverse ( hot or cold start's ), but it has happened a couple of time's where i pull into a car park without turning the car off and i try and reverse. This has only happened with the new gearbox not my old one that was stuffed, go figure lol. Other main problem's im experiencing are most since day 1 motor detonation, motor has a knocking noise ( NOT injector noise! it sounds like something is slopping around in there ) gearbox problem's ( chattering, long lag time's between gear change's, reverse problem's, etc ) it has some steering problems as well that new tires and a wheel alignment can't fix ( very heavy steering when turning right and when turning left it feels like the front wheel is collapsing on it self, its hard to explain u need to drive it, even the tire place that was doing my alignment said that there was something wrong with the steering but they couldn't find the problem.) Very poor fuel economy but u have to expect that when the car isnt running properly. Both driver's and passenger window's leak, massave boot rattle but cant find where it's coming from and no it's not because of any sub woofer's.
The gearbox saga lol :On the first drive home after picking up the car i noticed a loud noise when i stopped at traffic lights i had no idea what it was or where it was comming from, I get the car home and at first thought it sounded like the noise was coming from the turbo, so i took the car back and then i was told that the noise was normal for this car and there was nothing wrong with it ! I told the dealer i didnt spend all this money on a brand new car to sound like something was about too let go ( funny thing is when i took the car for a test drive 3 days earlier that was NO noise at all ! ) it was embarrassing to drive, the noise was that loud when u stop people look at u with that strange look like " wtf is wrong with your brand new car " So after the dealer wanted nothing to do with it i took it to another service center and the service manager had a RA and i showed him what my car was doing and what it sounded like and the first thing he said to me was " Ummm... that's not good, i don't know what the problem is but mine dosnt do that and iv never herd that before" So he booked me in straight away to get it looked at. I was told that they didnt have much experience with RA but they wanted to fix the problem, so they stripped down my motor and i meen stripped it down to the block! in search of the problem but didnt find anything, at this time i didnt want the car, it was f**ked. Anyway they pulled apart the turbo and there was nothing wrong with it, and last they pulled down the gearbox and seen that there was a few things wrong with the clutch and some other components to do with the clutch, basically the clutch looked like it had been cooked. I was told that both clutch and gearbox needed to be replaced asap, so they ordered a new gearbox and clutch and installed them. When i picked the car up the first thing i noticed was that the motor sounded like something was slopping around and when driving it was detonating badly ( this could have been happening before i got the gearbox fixed but i couldn't hear the motor over the gearbox noise ), so i took it back and told them about the motor noise and detonation, but they didn't have the right computer equipment for the RA to check to see whats was going on with in the ecu map ( yes this was an authorized RA dealer / workshop ) I really appreciated the effort that this Mitsubishi service centre had done for me going to the lengths that they did to help me out with my gearbox, but since they dont have the knowledge or equipment to help with the motor problem's i feel stuck with this problem as i dont want to take it back to the dealer i got the car from because they will just deny that there's anything wrong with it, so now im not wanting to drive the car becuse iv seen what happens to a turbo motor that detonate's. I asked if i could put the car on a dyno to get it all checked out and i was told that " could " void my warranty. The only other thing that was suggested to me was to take it back to another dealer that has the equipment needed to check what was going on, problem is where is a good dealer / workshop that is knowledgeable and not just going to deny there is problem because they can't be bothered fixing something under warranty ?

So any way end result as it stands now i have had this car for almost 3 years that after the first week of owning it the motor, turbo & gearbox had been pulled down multiple issues with other part's of the car its self. Iv only done 10,000 km's in 3 years most of those km's were going too and from getting it fixed. Now that iv found this forums the future looks brighter just knowing that there are people that know what they are doing and i might not be as stuck as i thought :)

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Mate have u raised this issue with mitsubishi HQ. this is unacceptable that your car has factory warranty and they are not fixing the issues properly and the car doesn't drive like a new car should. They should fricking give you a new car.

Why don't you complain to fair training?
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

intro32
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby intro32 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:24 am

Fizzlefuzzle wrote:Welcome :) dont forget to join our Vic Facebook page :) we have regular meets and cruises :)

I have tried to join the Facebook page but it's seems my request to join the group was denied. Is there any other way of adding me? Thanks.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”