Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New Member - Tau from Victoria

Postby pihamat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Real first name: TeTauru (Tau)

Model: MY10 Lancer Aspire

Colour: Grey

General interests: Automotive, Technology, Computers, Lots

Current mods: iPad bracket, Pioneer AVIC F30BT, Reversing Camera, steering wheel module to link with Pioneer AVIC unit in car

Planned mods: PC system setup with 15" Touchscreen, customised user interface, Pioneer Amp and Speakers, integrate car controls also.

How you found out about ClubCJ: Internet, Whilst search for information about my cars navigation system MMCS unit
From the time we arrive into the world we are growing to die.... Its what you do with that time that counts....

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Welcome :)

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:08 pm

(WTTC)

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Welcome! Please explain more about your PC System Setup!

JJams6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JJams6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:16 pm

jordan.fuchs wrote:Welcome! Please explain more about your PC System Setup!
+1 yes do tell :D
(cj-orange)

pihamat
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby pihamat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi all,

Apologies for the late reply, so the idea is still in its infant stage, as in "Still doing my research" and I must say ready to go Car PC's are soooo expensive for a personal project. But nevertheless the project is still something I really want to do. (With a mate of course)

So basically the end result is going to be a customized dash with a 15" Touch screen, "I could probably fit a 19" screen in there if I wanted to". That's once I have ripped the whole dash out. :D

Also in this set up included will be a GPS module, Bluetooth module, Mobile broadband module, 500GB SATA (or possibly a 250GB SSD drive), 4 -8GB of RAM, External cameras, Internal camera.

Along with all of that my bro and I will be building a customised user interface for controlling all the car components ie. dash controls, monitoring and sensors, media center, navigation, mobile phone connection, internet connection, internet sharing and

Now this seems like a really really long project and lots of wank factor but we are doing this purely because we find this is a project that not many people have gone to too many lengths to even try. We both know that this is going to be time consuming but who cares, if we do this and do this well then it will be worth it :)

There is a lot to consider when doing this type of project, slapping a small form factor PC would be ideal or even a laptop but will not suffice in the long run.

Reading plenty of information, PC in a car needs to consider the following;

- Humidity & Temperature (inside the car and outside the car)

- Power cycling (what happens when you turn the car off and when you turn it back on again).

- Vibrations, bumps and shock (A robust and rugged casing is a must to handle the constant vibrations and bumps in the road

- Placement (Where to put the PC in respect to cabling, dashboard, screen and accessibility)

This link below is where I found some handy information. This site was used for information gathering only nothing more.

http://www.informationweek.com/put-a-pc ... 616?pgno=1

We have most of the components to start but the main points above is what we really need to try and achieve and buying a Car PC is not an option, obviously. I will post again when the next stage begins until then please any feedback will be greatly appreciated, negative or positive lol!
From the time we arrive into the world we are growing to die.... Its what you do with that time that counts....

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:56 pm

wooooaaaaa chelsea heights, im around the corner...........
which street you in
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Welcome to the club!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Fizzlefuzzle
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Fizzlefuzzle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Welcome! Our melbourne group have meets every fortnight :) may pay to come check us out sometime!
<b> Proud owner of Australia's and club cj's first glitter pink 2011 CJ Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer :) </b>

<i> Life is short, so are my dogs! (corgi life) (basset life) </i>

Mod thread ; http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=297953 (cj-black)

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:28 am

WTTC

I was considering building a carPC for my FTO a while back. Was going to install a Touch Screen LCD in the dash hooked up to a mini-itx in the glove box. Would have been a fun project but in the end worked out to be too pricey. For me an Ipad was a better option. I think you are going to find that power cycling will be your biggest hurdle.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”