***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2011 PMR CJ Lancer Ralliart

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Welcome to the club! :D looks like we our cars our siblings hahaha. I have a 2011 PMR Ralliart too.

I think most of the guys here have covered most of the important parts and figures as well as who to go to.

I've got similar mod's to what you have planned and Beeble has managed to tweak my car to 182kw atw.
I'd suggest skipping the boost pill and go to 3 port as Mitch said. Also, for the intercooler swap, definitely change the pipes and don't use the stock silicon ones. I got the Ultimate racing ones (upper and lower) and it does make a bit of a difference.

I know this isnt a power mod, but I'd also recommend getting a whiteline rear sway bar. Swapped mine over and noticed a change straight off.
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

swordbreaker
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby swordbreaker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

Hi guys, Thanks again for all the input! I appreciate it!

I will buy a 3 port rather than a boostpill. I will definitely change the intercooler piping and the rear sway bar is a very nice upgrade also. I will definitely get all of these mods installed. just a matter of time and money... I hope by August the car will be complete!

I have a few more questions, where abouts can I get a 2nd hand evo X intercooler? apart from looking on ebay I'm not sure where else to look. Does any one have a Mishimoto intercooler? I have seen them on ebay and could get one for ~550 with shipping brand new.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MISHIMOTO-08 ... 3cbea7afe2

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 am

by adding a bigger intercooler you will have a bit more turbo lag especially with the RA turbo because it will take just that bit more time to build pressure because of more air space to fill.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Brad! Welcome to Club CJ!

I bought an EVO X intercooler from the US through other forums. Even shipped it was way way cheaper than aftermarket.

Any intercooler upgrade you'll need a new Upper Intercooler pipe with the elbow, and some couplers.

swordbreaker
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby swordbreaker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 am

OK, I understand it will increase turbo lag, but from my experience a little turbo lag can be a lot of fun ;) haha.

How much power do you think I can make with the stock RA intercooler? If I can still reach 180-185ish I might not bother changing it? I guess my question is...is it worth the upgrade? If I spend all this money I want to keep the car as mechanically safe as possible... I want the car to last me a long time. I really do love it :P haha as sad as that sounds.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 am

Lag associated with the larger intercooler can be tuned out. The Ra turbo is small so you won't see much anyway except from a dead stop.

Just get a 2nd hand EVO X intercooler, it might takes some time but mine only cost around $250 shipped.

Very worthwhile upgrade

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 am

The intercooler isnt about gaining power its abouy retaining power, the small ralliart intercooler gets heatsoak and stop cooling the air like it should.. Aftermarket IC is overkill for the stock turbo.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”