'09 Ralliart - BZC-45S

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

'09 Ralliart - BZC-45S

Postby BZC-45S » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello folks. New here. I just saw this thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=10551
of the Parra meet 2 days ago, and gathered there must be a healthy Sydney crowd in here...

My name's Chi, I used to own a Pulsar and quite enjoyed the occasional Pulsar meets. I'm looking forward to joining in on the next Sydney meet.

About my Lancer: it's a '09 Ralliart hatchback I picked up a week ago. The car is great, but I'm having certain 'issues' that is spoiling my enjoyment - eg. having issues with getting owner transfer papers to go thru cos the RTA says the car's papers are not in order.

Also I fell for the dealer's overpriced car polish (aka paint protection) cos they said they would bundle in window tinting which I wouldn't have had time to do myself. The deal was 35% tint on the front windows, and clear on the back doors and rear - since they have privacy glass which is dark. Upon close inspection I see that there's no film on the back doors or rear glass at all. Quite pissed I paid for something I didn't receive but anyways, I seem to be ranting on and on - not my intention I just started typing and got carried away.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:52 pm

(WTTC)
We do have a healthy Sydney crowd. :D We gather monthly for mini meets... seeee http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=10414 and there is an upcoming cruise http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=10308 hopefully meeting with our ACT folk.... http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=10501

:)

As for not getting any clear UV filtering film on the rears... just double check as they tend to make the film go tight yto the edges of the glass and not stop 8mm short to allow for the door rubbers... so just be sure, else take it up with them, that's just fraud if that's the case...

Seee you around.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:03 am

Thanlks Pete. Yeah I'm quite impressed they got the tint edge very close. But I ran my fingernails against the etching text of the glass that has Mitsubishi and meeting whatever safety standard, as well as the rear demister lines - I could feel them directly instead of a layer of film. Not impressed. :(

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey Chi, welcome to club CJ!

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:18 pm

I got some stuff sorted out - I washed the car for the first time, so took a pic, and I figured out the whole garage thing on this site and updated it with my vehicle details and profile pic. :)

Then I realised I chose a sucky username, but meh it identifies me.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: '09 Ralliart - BZC-45S

Postby BZC-45S » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:29 pm

10+ years later, the chapter closes. Hello - old school folks might remember me. I'm Chi, I was pretty active at the Sydney meets about a decade ago, when I first got the Ralliart. The car's accumulated a heap of mods over the years. I ran pretty much the GST basemaps flashed on with a Tactrix on the ECU and with the SuperSport flash on the TCU for most of its life. But I was a tinkerer so couldn't help myself spent many hours tuning it on the road and using those few times it's chucked on a dyno to tweak AFRs and whatnot.

6 years ago I moved interstate from NSW to VIC, car changed plates to become 1KP5IZ. But I had already fallen off the bandwagon of attending car meets, I shunned social media totally and I'm not exactly active on online forums either. Made some poor life choices, but I stuck by the RASB, and it stuck by me.

4 years ago, I bought a Corolla Hybrid as my daily; I couldn't even trade in the Ralliart as the dealer said it would've insulted me as they'd give a wholesale low ball price. So I kept it, and it sat for much of the time unused.

It's finally time to let it go. I have lately been stripping off the mods and restoring it back to stock, preparing to let it go finally. A wholesaler's coming to take it off my hands tomorrow. I expect to see it in the classifieds for sale in the following weeks.

2009 Ralliart, hatch, 148kms. Sunroof and Rockford Fosgate premium sound factory options. Just know they offerred me less than five digits for it. If it springs up for sale I anticipate mid 10s price point - given today's market 17-19k isn't out of the question either.

Mars1811
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Mars1811 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:06 am

Jeez, <$10,000 for a RA? That's just an cruel. I suppose you considered selling directly via Carsales etc. ?
Also wow, I'm amazed someone so old is back here to check-in (or clock-out perhaps?). I can admire you for that :D
Sad to see it go, but the time always comes for everything.
Best of luck with everything! Maybe check back in if you get something to replace the Corolla? Always love to hear an update.

-Mars
2011 VRX Sportback

Message me on Discord: Mars#0420
If in doubt, rev it out!

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:01 am

Nah, I never bothered selling direct. I have enough of a headache trying to selling second hand online stuff with time wasters and scammers I don't really have the time or energy to be dealing with what I presume would be the target market for a cheap performance car (lots of <25yo joy riders wanting to thrash the shit of out it to 'test drive' it).

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”