Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks Stacey.
Blue Ralli - MY10 with MMCS Pack

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Welcome to the club! Bought the right car, but in the wrong colour. :P

Enjoy & hope to share some tarmac with you soon. ;)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:42 pm

welcome j-ralli, i`m afraid u wont be happy with stock for long :)
the ra begs for tuning :)

i did an ecutek tune on mine, i think mrt are the ecutek resellers,
it put new life into her.
with simply a cat back exhaust, or with the free flow cat as well, a free flow air filter, its quick ;)
btw, u really dont need the mrt exhaust imo, any good sports exhaust shop will do the same job for less than half the price.
for the filter i used a drop in k&n cotton/oil, it just drops in the existing holder an u then get a nice airflow through the turbo, and also a nice bov whistle, if u like audio :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:45 pm

J-ralli wrote:#Hecky Thanks mate. Yea love the blue. I am guessing you have it too :)

I know this may not be the right place to ask and let me know if I should ask this qs some other section of the forum...but I see you got a tune from MRT..were they good? and when you say custom tune does that mean it was not an XA kit?

yeah, I have a blue RA and she's my baby.

I have the XA tune from MRT, by custom I mean is that I got the tune when the car was stock apart for a k&n pannel filter. Since then I've gotten the HKS cat back and on Thursday I'm getting my FMIC and piping installed and then retuned (by MRT again). MRT were good, expensive, but helpful and knowledgeable. However, I recommend that when you do get your car tuned, do your research and shop around.
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Welcome to the club Jez, nice to see another RA owner.

Trust me, you will love this car! Just beware -
Plans are to enjoy stock for a bit.

these are famous last words around here! lol. so far though i have only changed the air filter (worth doing btw), but plan to do a tune next month.

I would love to get it tuned just not sure who to go with. The attraction with MRT is that you get to keep you factory warranty

Whilst warranty would be great when doing exhausts etc. where you actually change stock parts, the ECU tune is undetectable so i believe, so your warranty is safe anyway.

MRT have had mixed reviews here, but i agree the warranty factor may just be worth paying more money for. Depends on your circumstances.

Anyway, enjoy the car and the club :)

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Hey Laura thanks for your reply.

So going by your comments you did enjoy the car stock for a while :D

Where/who are you getting your car tuned from?

Hehe yea I know everyone says once the tuning bug bites....its never ending...lol I think when its time to go for a tune I am considering MRT's XA...warranty reasons...I have heard mixed reviews abt them too...

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 pm

sleeper wrote:welcome j-ralli, i`m afraid u wont be happy with stock for long :)
the ra begs for tuning :)

i did an ecutek tune on mine, i think mrt are the ecutek resellers,
it put new life into her.
with simply a cat back exhaust, or with the free flow cat as well, a free flow air filter, its quick ;)
btw, u really dont need the mrt exhaust imo, any good sports exhaust shop will do the same job for less than half the price.
for the filter i used a drop in k&n cotton/oil, it just drops in the existing holder an u then get a nice airflow through the turbo, and also a nice bov whistle, if u like audio :)

Hey Sleeper thanks for the welcome and your Input. Well hopefully the RA's performance will be good enough to keep a smile on my face for a few months...then for sure will go for the tune :D

As I said to Laura the only reason I am considering going to MRT is to be able to keep factory warranty....btw I love the audio hehe I wish RA stock exhaust sound was better...

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 pm

You know MRT's warranty is NOT the factory warranty? ie Mitsubishi won't warrant anything of MRT's work.

Basically all the MRT warranty is, if it breaks they will replace it just like Mitsubishi would do if the car was stock.

No different to any other statuary warranty required by law. Just MRT uses different wording to suck in people into believing it's special.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Try Pulse Racing if you want a tune.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Stacey wrote:So you live in the Hills Area? check out the NSW section for upcoming meets theres a go kart one coming up

I am actually in western sydney. Will check out the NSW sections.

Cheers

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:30 pm

billyboy wrote:Welcome to the club! Bought the right car, but in the wrong colour. :P

Enjoy & hope to share some tarmac with you soon. ;)

Thanks Mate. Lol then how come in your signature a blue RA is circuling the Rex :P

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Congrats mate. You'll be chuffed to bits with the car. Massive potential, awesome engine. Hope to see you on the road soon.

cheers
John

P.S. isn't blue unlucky??? :D

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:39 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:You know MRT's warranty is NOT the factory warranty? ie Mitsubishi won't warrant anything of MRT's work.

Basically all the MRT warranty is, if it breaks they will replace it just like Mitsubishi would do if the car was stock.

No different to any other statuary warranty required by law. Just MRT uses different wording to suck in people into believing it's special.

Thanks for that. Very interesting indeed.

So that means I could get a tune from any good place....

Do the RA's with chips get detected when they go in for a service with a Mitsu Dealer? I know I am asking basic questions...

I mean a lot of the members here have their cars tuned and I am sure they r are also worried about keeping their warranty so they must know something that I dont.....

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 pm

There is no physical "chip" installed on the ECU these days. It's all in the software now. So undetectable.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:10 pm

adrian is right, its NOT a mitsu warranty, mitsu will not warrant any add on exhaust, why would they, its not their responsibility to warrant other ppls wares.
i have yet to test any warranty put up by ecutek/mrt.
having said that, i cant see any problems arising from a non genuine set of plumbing :)
after all its just some pipes?
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”