***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

VRX wannabe in inner Sydney

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 pm

You will find that dealers probably wont play with the MY10 too much as it is the new model.... they will all be working hard to get rid of the MY09.

I guess you have to do the sums and see whether buying the new model is worth it, or sticking with a MY09.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:09 pm

lzy_eye wrote:You will find that dealers probably wont play with the MY10 too much as it is the new model.... they will all be working hard to get rid of the MY09.
I guess you have to do the sums and see whether buying the new model is worth it, or sticking with a MY09.

Yeah I'm aware of that. The dealer incentive to run out the MY09 is $2500 on top of existing rebates/incentives.
However the MY10 currently (and oddly has the same rebates/incentives as the MY09 without the run out incentive of course), I would've thought they would have yanked most incentives on MY10 to make MY09 more price competetive.

There is also going to be a price increase (around 5%) beginning of Oct, (I've seen the dealer bulletin) hence now my rush to get this out of the way in the next week.

When I do sell the VRX in a couple of years time or so, i'm thinking MY10 for the sake of resale as most buyers will think of MY09 as "a year older" even though they only have a few months build difference. It's a perception thing from stupid buyers I have to overcome. :)

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:22 pm

If there is a negligable difference between the 2 models, then you may as well go the MY10. If I were to sell mine now it would be 3 models old!!! If you were to keep the car for over 3 years or more, than the difference between resale of the MY09 vs the MY10 would be small I would think.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

lzy_eye wrote:You will find that dealers probably wont play with the MY10 too much as it is the new model.... they will all be working hard to get rid of the MY09.

You'd be surprised! I was this arvo! A dealer offered me a "limited time" offer, basically do this now and we'll give you it for $x.

$30781 was for a MY10, VRX, AUTO, Blue or black with rear park assist and "free" carpet. :shock:

I was tired and very sketchy (only 5 hours sleep in 2 days, blame it on work and other commitments), so I held out, I just got like mega bad vibes. Told him not prepared to make an impulse decision so much so I left my special ATM card at home that day that has a $2000 daily EFTPOS so I wouldn't do a deposit. (thank christ for that!)
Tried very hard to sway me, even tried to offer one of their finance packages (even though I had my finance all sorted and they could not match my finance offering).

The sales guy was a bit gutted (only 22 and very eager but tottally cool), even got his sales manager out. I thanked them for their $30781 offer but was standing firm on not making a rash decision.

Went to a couple of other dealers and the two lowest prices $30781 and $32100 they were not prepared to match and encouraged me to drive back to the other dealers and take them up on the offer.

Call me a grumpy old prick (I'm 34 afterall!), I'm going to toy with them some more. :twisted: I'll go back later this week, if they are serious the offer should still stand. Maybe even more so, my target was around the 30K range, just a little...bit....more......

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Hey VRX pete, i was in the same position as you a couple of weeks ago (only i was after an ES).

I did exactly what you did, kept finding a cheaper price and then threw it at some other dealerships to see what they could do. Eventually I got my M es with full bodykit, alarm, some paint protection crap, floor mats and a full tank of fuel for 22300.

I threw that at the other dealer still standing and he could do it for $200 more, so there was basically no money left in it at all lol! I also did all this about a week before the month ended, so dealers are more keen to seal afew more deals to beef up their budget.

Dont ever think that a car salesman is doing you a favour, they make a living out of you and they're definantly not your friend. NO MERCY!

dazzait
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby dazzait » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 pm

VRX pete, stick it to'em. Get what you can out of them. Don't forget the tank of fuel. I forgot about the fuel and had to fill up five minutes after leaving dealer or I wouldn't have made it home.
But don't leave it too late if there is a price rise coming.

And Welcome!!!

Cottonfoot
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Cottonfoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:53 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:Crappy woodgrain trim, looks so wrong.

Couldn't agree more, *Boo* *Hiss* to woodgrain trim. But didn't blue actually overtake red in the popularity stakes - be an individual and go with mystic blue!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 am

Cottonfoot wrote:
VRX_Pete wrote:Crappy woodgrain trim, looks so wrong.

Couldn't agree more, *Boo* *Hiss* to woodgrain trim. But didn't blue actually overtake red in the popularity stakes - be an individual and go with mystic blue!

Woograin is for oldies and normal run of the mill pansy phags. I agree *boo hiss* for woody ingrain interiors!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:32 pm

OK, I've done it. This afernoon.

New
Lancer VRX MY10 Sedan
CVT/Auto (CJ6S41)
Lightning Blue
Std Trim
Rear Parking Sensors (non-genunine, but had a readout display mounted forward of the mount point where the rear view mirror mount point is).

Extra options orders;
Floor Illumination - Front Blue (installed)
Alloy Fuel Door (self install)
CF look B-pillar inserts (self install)
Stainless Steel Scuff plates (self install)
Boot Liner Hard Plastic (self install)

All up, I got it at $31,550 drive away. The dealer is taking a gamble in hoping to make a certain number of sales this weekend to get some extra cash from Mitsubishi (or so they say).

If you assume i paid full fitted price for the "extra options" the car drive away would be around $29900. However closer to the truth, I didn't pay full price for the options, I paid ClubCJ prices! :) and not all off them are fitted.

So I think I got a good deal. So much so, I'm be wary that it might turn to sh1t. However there is one car available and I should have it by end of month.

So thoughts?

Generally i hate these add ons but the "accessory chick" was offering X-pack HiGlass Paint protection, (http://motorone.com/brochures/car_care/ ... r_Care.pdf) she was spruiking on how shiny it is. I am for shiny, I took the brochure and told her i'll think about it. Anyone have personal experience with this stuff? I think it's something stupid like $1495, but could give me a discount and throw some "free gifts" like a car alarm and something else.

In fact she really wasn't pushy, she was temping and told me most of the stuff she has to sell was "crap". (there's a long story, but we bonded from the outset on someother interests and it was way after knock off time) Lolz.

However she was offering to lower the car by 2 inches and re-do the wheel alignments.

How low should I go, i'm a bit wary of going dropping the car by 2 inches. How low should I go considering how crap sydney roads are? I dont even know what the clearance on the lancer is, stock.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”