New Member - 2009 ES Sedan

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SirHC
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New Member - 2009 ES Sedan

Postby SirHC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:36 am

Hey all, from good old western sydney. I've got a light blue 2009 ES Sedan with some matte black rims and a flat spoiler. To anyone who lives in the western suburbs and can recommend any places that I can add features for my model.

I'm looking for preferably black features I can add to the car where I can actually go and find the parts for because it's been pretty difficult. I will not lower my car or add performance, I just want to make the car look nicer.

dopey
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: New Member - 2009 ES Sedan

Postby dopey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:19 pm

welcome, looks pretty clean, adding fog lights is a cheap and easy mod that looks good and adds safety.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21989

SirHC
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby SirHC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 am

dopey wrote:welcome, looks pretty clean, adding fog lights is a cheap and easy mod that looks good and adds safety.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21989

Looks like a good little idea, any other suggestions as well?

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Welcome! :D

Xx94.DOMXX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Xx94.DOMXX » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:50 am

Welcome ctauto parts has some good cheeky mods you can do like evo x spoiler, taillights/headlights they are in wetherill park aswell

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:19 pm

my old man wouldnt let me do any performance stuff until i hit 18 so i know what you mean

i messed around with car lighting, LED's everywhere, every globe hole filled
- i put a led strip in the boot for better vision at night, tap into the existing light with some cable and double side tap the led strip to the boot lid
- ive made a custom strip that i can attach to the bonnet and connect to the battery if i ever need to make late night repairs
- LED boot lights on either side (in those little gaps to the left and right when you open the boot) and a switch to turn on an led strip mounted on the inside of the boot lid, ran cables with the tail lights.
- bought some el cheapo led strip and put them either side of the seat on the floor, shines a dim but awesome blue light through the gaps as you drive ***Dont buy bright ones if you do this, i got pulled over because i cop just saw bright blue and lit me up***
- i did one recently where i wired blue led's to turn on when the door is open joined with LED footwell lights
when you hit the manual switch a super bright white led comes on too!

other mods
- front lip, buy a proper or get garden edging if you are on a budget (Check out mighty car mods $3000 challenge, they do it on there)
- if the budget fits some new headlights look mad as hell
- shift knobs a great one for both feel and looks, whether auto or manual
- new head unit / speakers if you drive the car heaps and heaps. even bluetooth audio is soooo much better.
- floormats - Fitmycar has some awesome custom ones or just supercheap ones. parklea markets is brilliant for cheap car stuff if your near the hills area
- if you have the red/white/yellow ports below your head unit (if you have them you will know what i mean) you can buy an RCA to AUX from jb hi fi near the tvs, wack it into red and white and boom, aux cord.

when i turned 19 i did an axle back exhaust for a bit of sound rather than performance and planned on getting a diffuser to clean it up before project cars became i thing and i couldnt afford to anymore.

its the little stuff that makes the car yours man, go wild but keep in mind safety and practicality. also makes it so much more fun if you have a mate that does it with you. Enjoy! any questions just post on this thread man, im slowish to reply but i do eventually
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”