Exhaust

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Exhaust

Postby sarusa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Maddy.b wrote:Hey everyone so my sister has a lancer too and she has gone a muffler delete using 2.15inch piping with dual outlet and it sounds really nice but it’s really loud in the cabin, the muffler place suggested to her putting two hotdogs in the pipes before the tips, would that help it or no? Or would sound deadener help?

Either one or both would help. :)

Maddy.b
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Maddy.b » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Ok thanks everyone so she said she doesn’t mind the sound she just wants it just a tiny bit more quieter in the cabin, so deadener and hotdogs wouldn’t help that at all ? :) :) if so what type of small mufflers would you guys suggest ? She doesn’t want the sound to change that much, Oh and she said does hotdogs sound good ? Haha
2008 VRX Lancer :D :)

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm

The pain of exhaust is a slight change can end up changing the sound vastly! The hot dogs will alter the sound, generally make it more deeper and clean up the higher frequencies, the more you add the more of the effect; as for sound reduction you might see a possible decrease in sound, I know I did, but all the deep frequencies stayed. You could try the resonator since it would be cheaper to do, but for mufflers if you like the noise I’d stay high flow muffler, which is generally straight through. I hope this helped! Exhausts are so frustratonf to perfect when it comes to customs!
We are all in it for the fun!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:02 am

[quote="Maddy.b"]Ok thanks everyone so she said she doesn’t mind the sound she just wants it just a tiny bit more quieter in the cabin, so deadener and hotdogs wouldn’t help that at all ? :) :) if so what type of small mufflers would you guys suggest ? She doesn’t want the sound to change that much, Oh and she said does hotdogs sound good ? Haha[/quote

Lol I stated hotdogs and sound deadener WOULD help not wouldn't! :(

Maddy.b
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Maddy.b » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:25 pm

ok awesome thank you ReeseCozaa!! :) she’s gonna try some hotdogs! :) :) and Sarusa I know u did, it was just cause everyone else was saying that it wouldn’t . Now a question for my car hahaa, has anyone gotten drone from an xforce ?
2008 VRX Lancer :D :)

PàNŽà
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby PàNŽà » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

Hey any suggestions for a good muffler for my new 2010 model . Not extremely loud but deep, something that I can just put on the factor exhaust that’s there

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 am

Read this

https://www.lukey.com.au/pages/exhaust-size

For a NA 2.25inch is the go.
Get it mandrel bent. Put a fibreglass packed resonator in it. I suggest a fibreglass packed Lukey muffler also. If your going to this extreme I highly recommend a set of extractors as well.get the extractor either wrapped or ceramic coated.

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby CJVR08 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:27 am

Hey guys I'm new here would like your knowledge of exhaust to explain what mine is please...

https://ibb.co/xMP3b0Q

My car is 2008 CJ VR 2L MANUAL in Australia

Thank you very much

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:35 am

A custom hotdog by the looks

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby CJVR08 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:37 am

But I don't understand what is it meant to do? Is it a good choice? It looks weird to me?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:41 am

It's a custom axel back

All they are good for is sound

Nothing else
If your keen on a decent performance system then you want a 2.25" Mandel bent system from the bottom of the extractor downpipe back to the bumper

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby CJVR08 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:07 am

Okay well that's how the car came when I bought it lol this one has a few of those oval boxes on it all the way down

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”