Hey Guyes! new Tassie member! :)

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ShanDawg
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Hey Guyes! new Tassie member! :)

Postby ShanDawg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Hey guys Im Shannon and I live in Tasmania, I've got a 2015 CJ ES in the red colour. I love cars and motorbikes as well. Fiddling around with them, and learning as much as I can.
As far as mods go I haven't done much to my car yet as it is new, but I plan to do a whole bunch of basic stuff like suspension bracing, catch can, intakes all that sort of stuff.

I found out about club CJ while searching through google looking for info about my car and what I can/can't do in relation to specific things or what stuff works and yeah, decided to join to try and learn as much as I can and have some fun along the way.
Looking forward to talking with you guys!

Catcha
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Boost is the shizzle

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:19 pm

welcome man !!!! tiff is in tassy she will be so excited and congrats on the purchase
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Welcome!

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Welcome Shannon!

I'm heading to Tassie next year for Targa Tasmania, Perhaps we'll meet one day!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Welcome! :D

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Welcome! I'm a new member myself here.

Does anyone on here know the warranty situation if installing a catch can? I would have thought technically it's a modification of the vehicles emission system. Also, how bad does an otherwise stock (apart from intake, exhaust etc) 4B11 NA or 4B12 actually need one?

ShanDawg
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ShanDawg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! Feel all warm and fuzzy now ;) haha

burfadel as far as your issue goes. I asked my service manager about a catch can as well and he said that it wouldn't be an issue. I purchased my car from JMC.

Basically they said if you change a part of modify it. that's the part that goes out of warranty.

Example, if you put extractors on, then anything to do from the extractors back will be voided its warranty.

Safest bet is to just contact your service department and ask them directly.

Hope thats been of help for you! :)

p.s forgot to mention. The only real use you'll be getting out of a catch can is if you're driving your car hard on the track often. If thats not the case, I completely understand as I wish to install one regardless just to catch anything at all that might be going back into my cylinders.
Roses are red

Violets are blue

Boost is the shizzle

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:08 am

Welcome :D
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Welcome! Congrats on the purchase!! :)

Where abouts in Tassie are you from? :)

Also be sure to check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/clubcjtas/ where you can keep updated on meets/cruises :)

Myself and 3 members are based in Launceston and Ulverstone, and we are looking at organizing another cruise before Christmas :)
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:21 pm

ShanDawg wrote:I asked my service manager about a catch can as well and he said that it wouldnt be an issue. I purchased my car from JMC. Basically they said if you change a part of modify it. thats the part that goes out of warranty. Example, if you put extractors on, then anything to do from the extractors back will be voided its warranty. Safest bet is to just contact your service department and ask them directly. Hope thats been of help for you! :)

That's good! I was just thinking that since it's technically part of the emission control system whether it would cause any issues warranty or legality wise, seeing as some people may be fickle about it!
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

ShanDawg
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ShanDawg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:16 pm

burfadel wrote:[quote:0f907cf3f9=ShanDawg]I asked my service manager about a catch can as well and he said that it wouldnt be an issue. I purchased my car from JMC. Basically they said if you change a part of modify it. thats the part that goes out of warranty. Example, if you put extractors on, then anything to do from the extractors back will be voided its warranty. Safest bet is to just contact your service department and ask them directly. Hope thats been of help for you! :)[/quote:0f907cf3f9] Thats good! I was just thinking that since its technically part of the emission control system whether it would cause any issues warranty or legality wise, seeing as some people may be fickle about it!

Yeah it may void your intake manifold or anything to do with emissions like you said. But yeah, i think your best bet is to just check with your service manager.
Roses are red

Violets are blue

Boost is the shizzle

ShanDawg
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ShanDawg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Mystique wrote:Welcome! Congrats on the purchase!! :) Where abouts in Tassie are you from? :) Also be sure to check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/clubcjtas/ where you can keep updated on meets/cruises :) Myself and 3 members are based in Launceston and Ulverstone, and we are looking at organizing another cruise before Christmas :)

Hey tiff, thanks!

I live in the north-west around Wynyard area.
Would definitely be mad to get a meet happening as I'll most likely have heaps of spare time in the holidays haha.
Roses are red

Violets are blue

Boost is the shizzle

simo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby simo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey Shannon, welcome mate!!

Congrats on your new purchase, good choice of car!

Great to see we have another member up the northwest of the state, I'm from Ulverstone.

We were discussing getting together for a possible cruise before Christmas, jump on the Clubcjtas page on Facebook that Tiff posted the link for before, that's usually where we organise them all.

Sanlirra
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sanlirra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 pm

^^ Welcome :D

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”