Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

beast666
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby beast666 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 pm

k no go on the roll cage lol
ive been told that it can be fixed by like 2 people
and alot said it was a write off just before offering me way less than its worth.
Bloke reckons he might be able to jack out roof but then it all comes down to the car going over the pits since its been listed as a write off
Ive been told it would have to undergo a laser test to work out if door or beam or anything else is out which unfortunately wouldnt be needed if they didnt know its a write off
as far as the next person i sell it to im deadly honest i would never hand over a car without giving them details that being said i have no plans to fix and sell anyway i love my car i miss it lol
seems like im back to the start lol
no roll cage
no chassis
and minimal money for parts
seems like i may have to have a go at trying to fix chassis i dont want a 2000 car which im sure are great i want my lancer lol
so if i put some pics up later would love it if you all told me what you think trying to salvage something out of this lol

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm

I didn't think cars could legally be repaired if they're a write-off for structural reasons?

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Depends if the car is a repairable write-off or a statutory write-off.

You need to get it checked by proper assessors to determine if your car can be fixed otherwise it can only be used for parts salvage.

beast666
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby beast666 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

k found out it is not a write off in any form so i can fix then get inspected providing i can make it un noticable although this does not fix safety issue i thought 1 bar running from centre column accross would heighten strength but there seems to be massive issues with rta in WA i have a modify vehicle form but know that i cant justify bar without saying what happened (roll over) therefore meaning close inspection (with a laser device set for each vehicle). I am trying to do the right thing (i could go fix and hope for best) but im not happy with that. laws Ive read say it must be rego d as 2 seater (removing back seat) for full cage. I dont understand how a car can be modified or even built from scratch with out having these. Can anyone direct me as to who i can talk to? also seen mention of certified engineers but have no idea?

evo_lover1991
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby evo_lover1991 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm

is there a pickles auction nearby you ?

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:10 pm

You can possibly save your car if the damaged part of the roof is just the sheetmetal and not the A, B, or C-pillars plus the beams that connect them together. I've read somewhere that the roof can be cut out of your car, then weld a good one from a written off vehicle. Sadly though, if those structures have been damaged to the point that their rigidity is compromised such that the car's safety has diminished during another roll-over, then it may be over for your ride. :(
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”