Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

kire_online
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

X-Pack paint and fabric protection offered by dealer

Postby kire_online » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Anyone know if this is any good ?
They're asking for $1850 for paint, fabric and vinyl protection and window tints with Street Legal. I thought this is a bit much and told them I'd make other enquiries before I decided.
If this lancer lasts as long as my 1997 CE lancer did, it might be worth taking up ?
I thought I'd just get the tints done later myself, and not worry about the paint protection, etc. What's a reasonable price for tints here in Sydney ?
Reading other forums, it seems that paint protection is a complete waste of money.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Aftermarket tint places charge around $250-400 depending on brand and darkness of tint. Tint mart did mine 20% for $250
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

peternguyen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby peternguyen » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm

I would advise against their paint protection. It would cost them from $50 to a few hundred dollars to apply the paint protection and it's no guarantee that it's half decent.

If you really are interested in protecting your paint, do some research yourself to find out what is actually good. I hear CQuartz is really good paint protection.

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 am

That X-Pack stuff is a little different. I got it on the car and basically when in sunlight, it allows the dirt to be washed off as there is a reaction that effectively lifts the dirt.

It has held up good for 3 years now where I only use mild soapy water to wash and then water dry for it to look polished.

In saying that - given the choice I would not buy it again as it isn't as shiny as I would like it and it still requires a spray on 'wax' ( not that X-Pack will confirm / deny that's only wax ) every 4-6months. This spray only lasts a few washes so ended up getting the Autoglym HD wax.
Love that car!

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:52 am

Forget the paint protection, as if the dealer doesnt apply it just right your car will look like it has been polished with a steel wool pad.

Get yourself some very good wax { like Maguires Tech Wax } apply it every 3 months and have the old wax taken off once a year.

It might cost a bit more, but your car will look amazing in the long run.

The dealer stuffed mine when i bought it new, and it was xpack. It cost them almost $3500 to have my car fixed......... I might have a sour taste in my mouth about it. But everyone that sees my car says how good the paint looks still.

Just my opinion

migs_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby migs_07 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 am

I know a place near blacktown that can do a full body paint protection fro about $400 and with regards to the tint my mate owns a tinting shop in blacktown to. He can do your car for $180. pm me if you're interested so I can give you their details.

migs_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby migs_07 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 am

ohhh by the way the place for the paint protection they do all the cars for lander mitsubishi at Blacktown.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am

i had the paint protection and the fabric protection offered by mitsu, waste of money, a good polish like those mentioned is better.
dont waste your money.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”