Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jaysewah
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

New RA in Melb Sth East

Postby jaysewah » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:34 am

Hi all,

Jason here, new RA owner on Mornington Peninsula. Loving the car so far, only K&N drop in, still deciding on tune or not to tune... Warranty issues? Had a WRX before and traded for my new black baby and so far happy with the choice! I have a black sportback as said, otherwise standard with the filter and 18" ANZ ghost rims. Any ideas on where the warranty side of things stands would be appreciated, although I do love the power so I think it may be tuned in anycase.... Thanks :D

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 am

Hi Jason welcome to the club.

When you mod your car the warranty does come an issue if it relates to the part that breaks.

I always suggest running your car in and doing a few Km before modding the engine.

The engine and running gear can take more power but best to wait. If any thing is faulty with the running gear it will probably come out early.

Enjoy the site and do plenty of searching and reading as there are plenty of questions you have that have already been covered.

Captain
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: New RA in Melb Sth East

Postby Captain » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:25 pm

jaysewah wrote:Hi all,

Jason here, new RA owner on Mornington Peninsula. Loving the car so far, only K&N drop in, still deciding on tune or not to tune... Warranty issues? Had a WRX before and traded for my new black baby and so far happy with the choice! I have a black sportback as said, otherwise standard with the filter and 18" ANZ ghost rims. Any ideas on where the warranty side of things stands would be appreciated, although I do love the power so I think it may be tuned in anycase.... Thanks :D

Welcome to the RA club mate :lol:

Mod away I say, our engines are detuned and need to breath. They also run very rich stock so a good custom tune will get you some nice power gains plus better fuel economy.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Car
- 2008 Lightning Blue Ralliart (First delivered in AUS)
- Creatd Motorsport custom tune (186kw atw)
- 13.12 1/4 Mile (Australia's fastest Ralliart, unless someone gets upset, then it's just fast)

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Welcome to the Club mate,

There is a few guys that have modded there car.

Creatd Motorsports are getting some great results with some tuning. Ask Captain about it.

All the best
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Welcome to the Club Jason, hope you can join us for a cruise one day.

Deffintly go for a tune, ive ridden in a stock RA compared to a tuned RA and the difference is insane...I know if i had an RA now that would be the first thing i would of done to it :D

Enjoy the club mate!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

jaysewah
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jaysewah » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks guys, am enjoying looking through all the info on here, quite a lot of it!

So I guess the main question would be when it comes down to servicing, if you choose to mod/tune with Creatd, as far as Mitsubishi are concerned are they going to know straight away the tune has been done and therefore black flag it and reject any potential future claim? I guess it then becomes an issue of dealer servicing vs 3rd party workshop and do you still have your warranty even if you dont use Mits dealership for your servicing.....

Will take a look through the posts some more to see if this has already been covered, but any other advice would be awesome. Cheers guys

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am

Hey jason,

There are many people Tuning there Ra's, if something does ever go wrong you can put the fatory tune back in it.
Give Creatd Motorsports a call and they can answer most of your questions.

Unleash the power. :D

ClubSpec Custom Designs

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 am

You dont have to service your car with a Mitsubishi dealer as long as you get it serviced by and authorised workshop its fine.

Creatd also service's these vehciles aswell.

ClubSpec Custom Designs

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”